Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago, I put my book No Good Deed, free at Smashwords and re-uploaded it. There was an issue with formatting and it didn't make the premium catalog. Not a big deal because has been in that catalog  for 11 months, so I knew what to do to fix it, but didn't have time for a few days. I fixed it, and at the time, since there were only about five downloads of it while free, I changed the price to 99 cents again. I didn't think the price had gone out to other channels because it hadn't made the catalog. Well, apparently it went out and Sony made it free. For months, Sony wouldn't update their page to reflect the $2.99 price I'd had and instead showed the $3.99 I was using back in November. Now all of a sudden, they get super fast! Who knew?

So, today, my book is free. I've had over 4k downloads already. I'll admit at first I didn't know what to think about it being free, but now I'm glad. It's been worth all the excitement. ;D

·
Registered
982 Posts
MaryMcDonald said:
A few weeks ago, I put my book No Good Deed, free at Smashwords and re-uploaded it. There was an issue with formatting and it didn't make the premium catalog. Not a big deal because has been in that catalog for 11 months, so I knew what to do to fix it, but didn't have time for a few days. I fixed it, and at the time, since there were only about five downloads of it while free, I changed the price to 99 cents again. I didn't think the price had gone out to other channels because it hadn't made the catalog. Well, apparently it went out and Sony made it free. For months, Sony wouldn't update their page to reflect the $2.99 price I'd had and instead showed the $3.99 I was using back in November. Now all of a sudden, they get super fast! Who knew?

So, today, my book is free. I've had over 4k downloads already. I'll admit at first I didn't know what to think about it being free, but now I'm glad. It's been worth all the excitement. ;D
Congrats. I downloaded it from Amazon just now. It's out of the genres that I normally read in, but it's free, so I might as well check it out.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Oh boy!  That is some really great news!  I'm so happy for you.  Enjoy the ride.  It's great to get your book out to that many readers.  Whoot!  Double Whoot!  Triple Whoot!

·
Registered
373 Posts
A free book is excellent. A great way to climb up the kindle rankings and get more exposure for your work. I wish I could get a free book on Amazon for a while, lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts