Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what is known about this. I just received a book recommendations list including... me. Which was kind of funny, but has me wondering, this must be a mailing list so Amazon must have recommended me to other people, yes? If this is so, and has happened to anyone else, did you get a sales spike? Not of critical importance or anything... just curious.

A

·
0 Posts
Those recommendations are based on your own viewing and purchasing habits. I get emails ALL THE TIME asking me to buy or review my own books. I don't believe they go out to dedicated mailing list. More like automated, customized individual emails.

I have two Amazon accounts (mine, and the one I use for work). I have NEVER seen an indie book in my work account emails (though for some reason I DID get the artisan bread book ad once. :p) I see indie books all the time in my personal account. Those emails are based on your viewing and purchasing habits tied to that account.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I haven't received one for my own purchase but do get emails asking to review a recent book I purchased... or recommend others.  One time I received an email when an author made significant changes to their ebook - with a suggestion to update the ebook.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Chantal Halpin said:
Amazon seem to be spamming me about my own book at the moment. Perhaps I should stop checking it on their site every six seconds ???
...no. No, that's crazy talk. Maybe you just need to check your book page again. That always clears my head right up.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Edward W. Robertson said:
...no. No, that's crazy talk. Maybe you just need to check your book page again. That always clears my head right up.
You're right - I did and it's still on there ;D ....maybe just one more look...

·
Registered
117 Posts
My critique reader emailed me Friday to tell me Amazon had recommended my book to her; one she'd already read many times. *snort* Thanks a lot, Amazon! I'd hoped, like Chris, maybe others got it. But yaknow? I don't get emails like that from amazon. In fact the only time I do hear from them is when I upload something into KDP. herm...

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
Sometimes after a new title's been up for about two weeks, I'll get a little spike one day. I believe it's an automated Amazon email, but I've stopped buying my books to check the formatting, so I'm off the list as a fan of myself. I guess you should try to buy everything of yours, but not immediately, in the hopes of getting these emails? Or not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts