Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what is known about this. I just received a book recommendations list including... me. Which was kind of funny, but has me wondering, this must be a mailing list so Amazon must have recommended me to other people, yes? If this is so, and has happened to anyone else, did you get a sales spike? Not of critical importance or anything... just curious.

G

·
Those recommendations are based on your own viewing and purchasing habits. I get emails ALL THE TIME asking me to buy or review my own books. I don't believe they go out to dedicated mailing list. More like automated, customized individual emails.

I have two Amazon accounts (mine, and the one I use for work). I have NEVER seen an indie book in my work account emails (though for some reason I DID get the artisan bread book ad once. :p) I see indie books all the time in my personal account. Those emails are based on your viewing and purchasing habits tied to that account.

·
Registered
117 Posts
My critique reader emailed me Friday to tell me Amazon had recommended my book to her; one she'd already read many times. *snort* Thanks a lot, Amazon! I'd hoped, like Chris, maybe others got it. But yaknow? I don't get emails like that from amazon. In fact the only time I do hear from them is when I upload something into KDP. herm...

·
Registered
7,647 Posts
Sometimes after a new title's been up for about two weeks, I'll get a little spike one day. I believe it's an automated Amazon email, but I've stopped buying my books to check the formatting, so I'm off the list as a fan of myself. I guess you should try to buy everything of yours, but not immediately, in the hopes of getting these emails? Or not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.