Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Email from Createspace

Hello CreateSpace Video and Audio Content Provider,

We are excited to announce the launch of Amazon Media on Demand and are letting you know the important steps you need to take with your CreateSpace account. Amazon Media on Demand is a new portal where our disc content providers can sell their video and audio assets as physical media products on Amazon. In addition to current CreateSpace product options, you'll have access to exciting new features, such as the ability to create multi-disc titles and a simplified product setup workflow. Please click here to learn more.

As part of our improved service to media creators, we are moving all CreateSpace's Disc on Demand services to Amazon Media on Demand. To prepare for this move, you will want to take the following steps:

1) Make sure that your payment/banking and tax information is up to date.

2) If you are receiving payments by check, update your payment information for electronic payment (Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) or wire transfer) if you're able to receive payments in this manner (click here to learn more).

3) If you're planning to request proof or member orders, place your orders before August 1.

In the next few weeks, we will begin transferring your existing CreateSpace disc titles to Amazon Media on Demand. You will no longer be able to access your CreateSpace account or create new disc titles after August 31. Titles manufactured via Amazon Media on Demand will continue to be manufactured in the same facilities, on the same machines, and by the same people. Focusing our efforts on the Amazon Media on Demand portal will allow us to innovate faster on your behalf. Because of the size of our catalog, we will move all CreateSpace CD, DVD, and Blu-ray titles over to Amazon Media on Demand over the course of several weeks. During this time, your titles will remain available on Amazon.com.

You will receive an email with next steps on how to access your Amazon Media on Demand account by September 15. If you would like to move to Amazon Media on Demand earlier, please contact us.

To learn more about the great things Amazon Media on Demand has to offer, click here.

Best regards,
The CreateSpace Team

At 2019 is createspace for book POD still exist or not?

For author who use kdp for print is good or bad?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
CreateSpace offers three separate services: print books, CDs on demand, and DVDs on Demand/Direct Video. This looks an announcement related to the CDs on demand option. But I assume this is how things will go down when they close CS to move everyone over to KDP Print. Only hiccup I see in what they sent is the two week gap between when you can no longer access your account on CreateSpace and when you can start accessing your account on the new platform. Otherwise, this is the type of thing I'm waiting to have happen before I move off of CreateSpace to KDP Print.

Also, I should add that I was recently looking into the direct video option and that one seems to have already been transitioned to a new platform.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I can understand why Amazon wants to rationalise their services and I'm encouraged to see that they're moving the discs across. It suggests that's what they'll do with the books when they eventually combine Createspace into KDP Print.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
I was wondering what was going to happen to the video and audio aspects of CS. Now I know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts