Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. 

Today I clicked on a link to let the publisher know that I wanted that book on Kindle and then I started thinking about it more so I wrote Amazon saying it would be nice if once a clicked on "I want this on Kindle" went to Kindle, it would be nice if we got an email saying it was on Kindle.  Got that?  Response was very fast and it was not a form reply and they told me they do this already.  Has anyone been notified by email of a book they clicked on notifying the publisher?

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
They don't provide this service (yet). The person who responded to you is mistaken.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Ditto what the others have said. The books I wanted on Kindle that have ended up on Kindle, I found out about on my own.

L

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, so I'm not going crazy.  Well, I hope they decide to start it eventually.  Thanks guys!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks very much for that link.  It has now been saved to my favorites ;)

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
I wonder if that person who responded was just thinking about one of the generic "what's new on Kindle" emails that goes out weekly or monthly, as opposed to a specific "the book you requested is now available on Kindle" type of notification that you meant?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, it would seem to be so easy for Amazon to have a link that says "email me when book is on kindle"  Not hard right?

·
Registered
6,131 Posts
They already do this with some of their other items, so I am not sure why they don't for Kindle books.  I have gotten emails about movies that I wanted on blu-ray.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
no point in repeating the same thing .... but yea, never got an e-mail. lol

·
Registered
34 Posts
I emailed this same request into Amazon a few weeks ago as well, and also got a nice reply.  It said the opposite that your reply did, however; that they do not currently support this.  The email also said that it was a darn good idea, and that it would be passed along to the development team.

Dan

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
I haven't beem notified and I KNOW some books I have clicked to request are on kindle now.. some even on MY Kindle now.

While I guess it would be nice, it might flood email boxes of those of us who click for everyone every so often in our thread.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts