Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen hits to my blog from an IP that says Amazon, and it's in Akron Ohio. I've had hits from the Seattle office before, but that makes sense since they are in Seattle. However, when I search for an Amazon office in Akron, I can't find one. What I want to know is why they keep checking my blog? I can't connect their hits to anything. For instance, the night my book went free, the Seattle office had a hit on it. I don't know if it was connected, but next day, my book was free. Same thing the night it went back to being paid.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is how it comes up on Stat Counter:

Number of Entries:
5 (2 this visit)
Entry Page Time:
13 Jul 2011 20:20:33
Visit Length:
3 mins 15 secs
Browser:
Default Browser
unknown
Resolution:
600x706

United States Flag

Total Visits:
IP Address:
Amazon (8.18.145.160) [Label IP Address]
Referring URL:
(No referring link)
Entry Page:
www.mmcdonald64.blogspot.com/
Exit Page:
mmcdonald64.blogspot.com/p/love-of-game.html

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
That is odd, Mary. It got me curious, so I looked on my blog's stat counter and Amazon in Miami visited my blog yesterday. Here's the stats:

Referrer No referring link
Host Name ec2-174-129-85-153.compute-1.amazonaws.com
IP Address 174.129.85.153 [Label IP Address]
Country United States
Region Florida
City Miami
ISP Amazon.com

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I was thinking about it and maybe it's because of referring links? I often link to Amazon in my blog posts. Do you?

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It looks like it could be a regional thing. I'm in Wisconsin, so maybe Akron is a regional office? For you, the Florida one makes sense. I still have no idea why they are there. I'm just curious.  ;D

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
KathyCarmichael said:
I was thinking about it and maybe it's because of referring links? I often link to Amazon in my blog posts. Do you?
Not really and my author central blog feed still shows me the IP address of who actually clicked the link to my blog, not Amazon's IP addy.

ETA: My most current blog post is a few weeks old, and they've been there a few times since it was posted. Also, the page that they went to has nothing to do with Amazon. It is a flash fiction I wrote several years ago. It's only 500 words, so never uploaded to KDP.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
MaryMcDonald said:
This is how it comes up on Stat Counter:

Total Visits:
IP Address:
Amazon (8.18.145.160) [Label IP Address]
Referring URL:
(No referring link)
Entry Page:
www.mmcdonald64.blogspot.com/
Exit Page:
mmcdonald64.blogspot.com/p/love-of-game.html
They're on to you, Mary. RUN!

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
modwitch said:
New guess. I've got 21 visits from people on amazon "service provider" in the last month. No way amazon cares that much - and they came from 6 different cities, and 2 signed up for my email list :D. Betcha this is people on their kindles navigating to my site (there's a link at the end of my books).

Note to self: check to see how my site renders on a kindle...
That makes sense if they are coming from their Kindle as I also have a link at the end of my books. Maybe Akron is the hub of the midwest for the internet provider service--but mine doesn't say amazon internet service provider or list other cities. I do get hits from my author page. For instance, here's a recent one:

Number of Entries:
Entry Page Time:
14 Jul 2011 07:17:49
Visit Length:
0 seconds
Browser:
IE 8.0
Win7
Resolution:
1536x960

United States Flag

Total Visits: