Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what this is?


You are being invited to use Amazon Payee Central, a website that will help you perform business with Amazon. The applications that you see will depend on your job function, each one has been designed to improve our business interactions with you. Please ensure you have contact, banking and tax information available to complete your Payee Central profile(s):

    Company: BR KINGSOLVER, Business: Goodreads, Payment: Services

Please sign in to Payee Central using the email address "my email". If this email address is not already registered with Amazon, you may need to create a new account.

After you have successfully logged into Payee Central, you will need to enter your Activation Code provided below.

Payee Central Link
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,694 Posts
brkingsolver said:
Does anyone know what this is?

You are being invited to use Amazon Payee Central, a website that will help you perform business with Amazon. The applications that you see will depend on your job function, each one has been designed to improve our business interactions with you. Please ensure you have contact, banking and tax information available to complete your Payee Central profile(s):

Company: BR KINGSOLVER, Business: Goodreads, Payment: Services

Please sign in to Payee Central using the email address "my email". If this email address is not already registered with Amazon, you may need to create a new account.

After you have successfully logged into Payee Central, you will need to enter your Activation Code provided below.

Payee Central Link
Interesting!

I haven't been invited, and my initial reaction was that you should run away fast. However, it's either an Amazon company or very clear trademark infringement (based on link, logo, the fact that it already knows my Amazon email.

Even so, I'd contact KDP support and ask about it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,713 Posts
The news says Amazon is going into the banking business. Maybe that's what's up, but I don't think I would trust that email. I'd wait until a lot more people mention it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bill Hiatt said:
Interesting!

I haven't been invited, and my initial reaction was that you should run away fast. However, it's either an Amazon company or very clear trademark infringement (based on link, logo, the fact that it already knows my Amazon email.

Even so, I'd contact KDP support and ask about it.
The link takes you to Amazon.com. I wonder about the reference to Goodreads.???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,086 Posts
My guess would be that Amazon is setting up a way for authors to run discount deals directly through Goodreads with readers buying on the Goodreads website and authors getting paid via Goodreads.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Avis Black said:
My guess would be that Amazon is setting up a way for authors to run discount deals directly through Goodreads with readers buying on the Goodreads website and authors getting paid via Goodreads.
I doubt that. Once upon a time, GR sold books, but stopped when Amazon bought it. I recently received something from GR about paying me the money they owe me from five years ago. In that email, they said they had no plans to sell books.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,279 Posts
*************
 
G

·
There was a previous email from Goodreads telling you that the final payments would be made through Payee Central. I gave them the info they requested and then got the invitation. I had forgotten I even had sales on Goodreads as I only ever listed one title there, but apparently they owe me money.  :eek:

This appears to be a "CRAP! We need to clear out these aging payments before accounting kills us" thing lol This is the sort of thing that comes up in a SarBox fiscal review.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bards and Sages (Julie) said:
There was a previous email from Goodreads telling you that the final payments would be made through Payee Central. I gave them the info they requested and then got the invitation. I had forgotten I even had sales on Goodreads as I only ever listed one title there, but apparently they owe me money. :eek:

This appears to be a "CRAP! We need to clear out these aging payments before accounting kills us" thing lol This is the sort of thing that comes up in a SarBox fiscal review.
Yes, this sounds remarkably familiar. I sold a book there six years ago, but never hit their $50 threshold to collect any money. They didn't ask me for any info before, just said to reply to the email if I wanted the money, which I did.

Thanks, Julie.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top