Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think in the past two months, I've lost my perma-free status 4 times. It was perma-free this morning (UK GMT), and now it isn't ... and I've got a book barbarian promo booked for today. So that's money down the drain! Does it seem like a lot of people are randomly losing their perma-frees? Are there any reasons for this? Do I need to sacrifice more goats at the altar of the great Jeff Bezos?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Check check check and quadruple check that all the information, series name, wording, title, EVERYTHING is exactly the same on Amazon as it is on the other outlets you're price matching.

I had a semi-colon in a different place on D2D and that was all it took to keep punting my book back out of permafree status.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers mate, will do.

Hopefully, that'll do it! When it changed for you, was it just amazon.com as well? As all the other nation variants of amazon are still on perma free.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Louis_Park said:
cheers mate, will do.

Hopefully, that'll do it! When it changed for you, was it just amazon.com as well? As all the other nation variants of amazon are still on perma free.
Yup, it was seemingly random. Like it kept trying to price-match (must be some kinda setting at their end, tick and forget) but then kept being knocked out of it by a random check every now and then.

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
There's at least a couple of other threads about it here. Amazon doesn't have to do perma-free, it's in the rules that we don't sell for less anywhere else, but they tend to allow it. The bots still look around for lower prices, and sometimes they tag a book for breaking the rules and the status changes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts