Kindle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed that Amazon has suddenly discarded their special discounted Kindle price on your book today? This has happened to some, but not all of my books, as well as some of those by Al Past. Is this just a temporary glitch?

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
They got me too. But I did some research. It look like Amazon is wiping out all discount sales on Kindle Books across the board. They even wiped out the discounts on most of the traditionally published kindle books as well. There must have been some serious problems with the discounts on Kindle books and they are trying to sort things out. However, I am curious. There is talk about Amazon and publishers jacking up the prices on all Kindle books. I wonder if this has something to do with it?

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Kilgore Trout said:
Has anyone else noticed that Amazon has suddenly discarded their special discounted Kindle price on your book today?
So far both of my books are still at their summer bargain sale price of $0.99, but I'll be keeping an eye on them. Thanks for the heads-up, and I hope your difficulty is soon resolved.

CK

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
At least my book finally went to the digital rec. retail price which I had set at $1.24. I set it at $1.24 so it would discount to $0.99. But now it's just $1.24. No discount. ???
LOL It's like you try to fix stuff, and then Amazon changes things.
Well, at least I finally got it listed at a new bargain rate for the summer. If anyone notices anything else, post it. This board is really keeping me updated on everything an author needs to know if you've got a Kindle edition. Sometimes it's a lot faster than Amazon help.  ;)

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I got bit on one of my books.  It's not fair to the readers, so I don't know if I should try to reduce the price again, or wait and see if this is permanent?

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
All but one of my titles went up to 1.00 yesterday.  :-\  At least I'm not alone - I thought Amazon was singling me out.....

·
Registered
29 Posts
It does seem kind of goofy.

I changed the price of mine from $1.99 to $3.99 about a week ago and Amazon kept it at its discounted price of $1.59 with a retail of $3.99. Then, yesterday, it changed to full price of $3.99.

Dunno.

Regardless, pace of sales (about 1 per day) hasn't changed.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I'm hoping this is a temporary event related to processing a backlog of pricing updates. It does seem a bit random - I have one title that is still discounted, three pricing changes that suddenly showed up and three discounts that went away. Perhaps not surprisingly the one sale I have seen today was for the still-discounted title.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
They've eliminated the discount on all but one of my titles. INATC is still discounted, but everything else is at full price. Less than $2, but still...

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
My one book, Rogue Wave is still discounted.  Widow's Tale went up to $2.99 so I relisted it at a lower price ($2.49) so that there was no impact on the readers.  This falls into the "what can you do?" category.  :)

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
I had been thinking they may do this, I had seen several titles from the big pubs lately where they inflated the Digital List Price to get a larger royalty from Amazon. They would price it double the Print List Price, let Amazon discount it to 9.99 and then get 35% of the original list price from Amazon. 35% of $30.00 leaves very little for Amazon on a 9.99 book.

·
Registered
516 Posts
My present situation is this: One title which I listed at $1.10 has remained at the discounted price of 88 cents. The other two, which I priced at $3.95, were $3.16, but have now been raised to $3.95.

I am waiting for the dust to settle before doing anything. But if this is a permanent move, I will probably knock the prices down a bit--maybe to $2.95. But I liked the Amazon discount. And I thought that it helped their image as a site for savings.

I have no idea what their strategy might be.

But they do need help with their PR. Nature abhors a vacuum. So, in the absence of hard facts issued by Amazon, readers and authors are swirling around with all sorts of conspiratorial theories. Not good for us. Not good for Amazon. Yet they don't seem to care.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
sigrosenblum said:
But they do need help with their PR. Nature abhors a vacuum. So, in the absence of hard facts issued by Amazon, readers and authors are swirling around with all sorts of conspiratorial theories. Not good for us. Not good for Amazon. Yet they don't seem to care.
As long as Amazon continues to rake in the cash, why should they?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts