Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does is take a certain number of reports before Amazon price matches a lower price at BN?  What is their typical response time (later during the day, etc.).  Just curious.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I feel you on that one. I released a short story that is a prelude to my novel and made it free on Smashwords and had it listed as 0.99 on Amazon. After God only knows how many reports of a lower price failed to accomplish diddly, I finally contacted KDP directly and explained my situation. I had to do this twice too. One week later, they finally matched the price. Needless to say, it was a real pain in the rear to do, but it got done. Best of luck!

·
Registered
517 Posts
I read in another thread that Amazon won't price-match until its up at the big retailers like Barnes&Noble and Apple. So, not much use to tell them its for free at smash if the big retailers haven't put it on the shelves yet.

·
Registered
606 Posts
My publisher for Dear Stranger had my 16K novella up on Amazon for over $5. I hated that and tried to get Amazon to price match to B&N or Kobo's mid-$4 price (still a lot for a short novella, but better than almost $6!) Despite numerous reports, Amazon never bothered to price match it until I self-published Dancing with the Duke three months later and it started to sell very well. So yes, they price match at their own discretion and sometimes it can take a while.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts