Kindle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Amazon just released a new game for the Kindle this week. It's called "Pirate Stash!"

It's a pure brain-teaser puzzle. You nudge the pirate as he tries to navigate a chest of gold through a tight treasure map to an X (which "marks the spot.") Unlike Amazon's other games, it's not free - but there is a free 15-puzzle demo you can download.

The graphics are cute, and I'm really satisfied when I finally get all the treasure chests where they belong. Has anyone else tried out this game?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Sounds like a re-make of a game I first played on the original Game Boy called Boxxle. I really enjoyed Boxxle, and I think it would work great on e-ink because on the harder levels there are plenty of times you'll just be staring at the screen, wondering what to do! :) I just googled the name Boxxle to check the spelling and found this online version: http://gbemul.com/game/236/boxxle/

One very interesting thing to note - the Amazon page has a link to download a free trial which has 15 levels. I think that's a very smart move.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Ann in Arlington said:
Interesting. I followed Jon's link and don't see a sample button either. Hmmm
Strange - now I don't see it either!! But I've got it on my kindle, so I know I wasn't hallucinating. :) On my kindle it says "[Trial] Pirate Stash". When I press to the right while highlighting it on my kindle home screen, one of the options is "description" and it goes to the purchase page on my kindle and it does have "Get Free Trial" there. So I'm just curious, if someone could search on it on their kindle, and tell us whether you see the trial option?

·
Registered
221 Posts
I wish I brought my Kindle with me to work today!  I'll have to check this out.  I vaguely remember Boxxle btw... that game was great!

·
Registered
699 Posts
i worked through most of the free trial puzzles yesterday and enjoyed them.  Great for when you have just a few minutes and don't want to get into a book, or when your kids are bored and you need to give them something to do for a while.

·
Registered
221 Posts
mom2karen said:
i worked through most of the free trial puzzles yesterday and enjoyed them. Great for when you have just a few minutes and don't want to get into a book, or when your kids are bored and you need to give them something to do for a while.
haha the kids love playing shuffled row... it entertains them for a few minutes but hey, it works!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts