Kindle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
It could be just natural variation but the last few days were pretty grim, with today looking worst of all. I have a lot of books and generally I can tell when it's just fluctuations, but this does seem a little worse than I would expect.

·
Registered
431 Posts
If it hasn't improved by tomorrow, I will. Another very odd day today. A friend reporting similar. Both of us long-term authors so can see where things seem a little off.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Today's was actually almost double normal for me, as if perhaps they did an audit on the 15th and added some stuff in they caught?
Yes, I also had a few unusually slow days followed by a surge (relatively, that is!). At first I thought all this year's novels must have reached some kind of cliff at the same time.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Hm, things improved, then ditched again, and now I have noticed something I have never seen before. My 'old style' dashboard is not matching with the Beta one on orders for yesterday--the new one shows 2 more orders than the old. Never done that before. Just after midnight last night the beta dashboard also showed 2 for today but when you clicked on orders, there wasn't anything listed--this has now been rectified. Odd.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Hm, things improved, then ditched again, and now I have noticed something I have never seen before. My 'old style' dashboard is not matching with the Beta one on orders for yesterday--the new one shows 2 more orders than the old. Never done that before. Just after midnight last night the beta dashboard also showed 2 for today but when you clicked on orders, there wasn't anything listed--this has now been rectified. Odd.
And today. Old report says 7, first page of Beta says 7...but go to the Beta graph and it's showing ten. I downloaded the report from Beta and it is showing ten on that .

·
Registered
DESTINED - fantasy trilogy
2 Posts
I'm experiencing weird statistics, too. For me it started in late april.

I've published two (german) novels so far, both available for Kindle Unlimited Users. I've added them to KU in 2019 and since then they've performed alright. In 2020 and 2021 they managed reliably read pages per month (always in a range between 12-15k). The new beta statistics were always congruent to the old KDP statistics, never experienced a problem here.

But in late april 2022 I took a look at my stats and wondered. My stats are showing many gaps, translated in: 0 pages read that day. It started in late april and is still on going. There are days in between, which look good, and many days with 0 pages read:

Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Plot

One would think "okay, fine, mabye people stopped reading my books", but it's still puzzling me, because the novels performed well enough for almost three years.

I've asked the KDP support, if there might be something wrong about the stats (the old KDP board is showing the same, so I had little hope), but they told me everything is fine. But interesting fact: They also told me, the statistics for "pages read" is not up to date until the 15th of the upcoming month. The "daily tracking" in the backend doesn't show the exact stats - never occured to me, I've only experienced some minor changes at the last and first day of a month, when sales/PR overlap.

It's interesting to see that some of you are having odd statistics issues as well.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I'm experiencing weird statistics, too. For me it started in late april.

I've published two (german) novels so far, both available for Kindle Unlimited Users. I've added them to KU in 2019 and since then they've performed alright. In 2020 and 2021 they managed reliably read pages per month (always in a range between 12-15k). The new beta statistics were always congruent to the old KDP statistics, never experienced a problem here.

But in late april 2022 I took a look at my stats and wondered. My stats are showing many gaps, translated in: 0 pages read that day. It started in late april and is still on going. There are days in between, which look good, and many days with 0 pages read:

View attachment 27030

One would think "okay, fine, mabye people stopped reading my books", but it's still puzzling me, because the novels performed well enough for almost three years.

I've asked the KDP support, if there might be something wrong about the stats (the old KDP board is showing the same, so I had little hope), but they told me everything is fine. But interesting fact: They also told me, the statistics for "pages read" is not up to date until the 15th of the upcoming month. The "daily tracking" in the backend doesn't show the exact stats - never occured to me, I've only experienced some minor changes at the last and first day of a month, when sales/PR overlap.

It's interesting to see that some of you are having odd statistics issues as well.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Apparently the old style reports are going to finish on the 24th and the 'Beta' reporting will be the main reporting. I am guessing that some tinkering is going on in preparation, throwing some anomalies.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Apparently the old style reports are going to finish on the 24th and the 'Beta' reporting will be the main reporting. I am guessing that some tinkering is going on in preparation, throwing some anomalies.
Lets hope so. Because I've been experiencing some "weirdness" with my KDP reads as well. So I've been following this thread from the start.

Dee

1 - 14 of 14 Posts