Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should probably send these to Amazon, but I'm not even certain who to address them to. So, I was hoping some of you could help me.

1. I'm selling my book at $2.99 and getting the 70% royalty. Every week there are some books that end up coming in at 35% instead. As I recall these are some sort of "foreign" sales. But where are they, actually? Are we talking Australia?

2. In England they've reduced the price of my book from £2.08 to £1.49. There is no price reduction in the US or Germany, nor is there a lower price than $2.99 anywhere. Who do I write to about this, CS in the US? Does anyone know what their email is, or the proper help page?

3. Several times now on the "reports" section of KDP it shows the "average offer price" as below the "average list price", although not usually by much. Last week it was $2.98 instead of $2.99. I had this happen before when there was a price change, so I assumed that was why. (I also had it higher by a few pennies once.) But last week there was no price change. Why would this be?

4. On the Kindle page of Amazon US, it doesn't show a "Print List Price" although there is one ($10.99). On the Amazon UK site, it does -- although (ironically) the print copy is not available. I'd love for the higher price to show on Amazon US because it makes the Kindle price look like a great deal (which it is!). Any idea what drives them to show that?

5. Has anyone else had the weekly totals change once they've been posted? My April totals adjusted up by 10 units after the month was over but before the monthly report was created.

Thanks for your help on this.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
I can answer the first two.

1. You only get the 70% Royalty in US, Canada, UK, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Luxembourg & Liechtensten. Anyone that buys your book elsewhere - 35%

2. My guess is that you ticked the box when uploading to "match" your $2.99 US price. Untick this box and you can set it to whatever you like and it will stick. Otherwise it will go up and down based on currency fluctuations.

Dave

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for answering!

dgaughran said:
1. You only get the 70% Royalty in US, Canada, UK, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Luxembourg & Liechtensten. Anyone that buys your book elsewhere - 35%
I didn't realize it was possible to buy it elsewhere if they don't have a Kindle store.

dgaughran said:
2. My guess is that you ticked the box when uploading to "match" your $2.99 US price. Untick this box and you can set it to whatever you like and it will stick. Otherwise it will go up and down based on currency fluctuations.
You're right. That's what I did. But those prices don't match the US price. They have the digital price crossed out and a discounted price listed. At £1.49 it's actually costing $2.40 and I have it set at $2.99. That doesn't seem to have anything to do with currency fluctuations.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
For several weeks, I had my weekly totals change. I'd lose about 40 sales (according to my figures) when the weekly report came out, and then, the following week, I'd see they were added back.

Now, as the first week in May, things seems stable again.

When it happened for three weeks running, I tried asking KDP, but they seemed unable to understand the problem, even though I restated it in terms I thought anyone could grasp. Totally unhelpful.

Edit to add: However, my monthly totals always added up and that's what they pay us by.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts