Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - is it still possible to find Amazon reviewer's emails on their profile? I get that not all of them choose to display them, but I've yet to find a single reviewer displaying theirs.

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
You're probably doing everything right. I suspect a lot of reviewers have removed their email addresses from their public profiles.

Here's an example of a guy who still has his email posted, along with the steps to uncover it:

Step 1: find reviewer

Step 2: click on his/her name

Step 3: click on "See more"

Step 4: click on "Send an email"

Voila!

Again, you're probably doing the above. But with a flood of authors hitting up reviewers these days, I'm bettin' a lot of reviewers have simply pulled their email addresses.

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
I think lots of reviewers removed their emails. Its not just authors that request reviews, its a lot of the other sellers like supplements that bombard reviewers.

I have a email listed and just browsed through what is there. First I keep getting signed up for newsletters I never signed up for, which I am sure is not ok under the no spam act thingie. I have oddles of emails from supplement sellers, selfie sticks, bestest coconut oil evah. I have some authors, but what I noticed I have several that are written exactly the same. Meaning its the same form letter and only the name and title of book is different. They picked a specific review I did and then say, you'd like my book also. But again, form letter all the same. So they are using a service to to this marketing for them.

As a reader that doesn't mind getting emails, let me just say those are a total turn off. If you can't bother writing me a individual email after going through all the trouble finding a review of mine, I can't bother responding to such things. So try not to do that if you can. Some of the others say things like, I represent an author that wants to offer you a copy. Don't like those either.

I also apparently magically signed up to a few of those review club emails. Those are the ones where folks get a coupon and review and lately had all their reviews yanked because of that. I never signed up for them, but here they are. They obviously just go through profiles and sift out emails. I assumed this can be done mostly if a reviewer is in the top 10000 as they are listed, but I am not in the top 10000 so I have no clue how someone even comes across my profile.

I also notice a bit older email from someone that says they got my email from Martin at Bookrazor. From last year, but still. I do not know who these people are and I never gave them my name or email.

So a lot of these authors services seems like they are just passing around these emails from random amazon reviewers, without thier/my permission. This in addition to the scammy review clubs and selfie stick review requests, I am not surprised emails are being pulled of the profiles.

And I am not a popular reviewer, I am not even in the top 10000. I guess I should be glad I am not one of those top 100, top 1000 super reviewers that authors seem to only bother with when asking for reviews. But imagine how many they get in the box every day.  :-X

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
As an aside, I used to put my email address on my author profile on Amazon for readers to contact me. Like the previous poster above, I got signed up for all kinds of junk. I removed my email too.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Unfortunately, I'm another Amazon reviewer who removed her e-mail address because of sketchy e-mails I received from companies wanting me to purchase a product and write a review for it.

I also received e-mails from authors occasionally, which is great and something I do welcome, but many were for books outside of my interests.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've notice this as well. I thought I was doing something wrong or looking in the wrong place.

Gorgeous Lucky B,
Shana Jahsinta Walters.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Luke Winters said:
Hi - is it still possible to find Amazon reviewer's emails on their profile? I get that not all of them choose to display them, but I've yet to find a single reviewer displaying theirs.

Guess i was lucky! I never thought to put my email address on my author page at Amazon.
Though if the reviewer is an author, they should have a webpage or blog that you could probably contact them through...

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Luke Winters said:

Probably not. According to Book Razor, they need to go through about 1,500 book reviews to find 50 emails for potential reviewers for your book. That used to be true. At the end of March, I checked more than 3,000 reviews to find 50 reviewer email addresses. I didn't have time to check for more emails again until Thursday. I went through the first 1,800 reviews and didn't find a single email address. I had to go through more than 5,000 reviews on Thursday to find 40 more email addresses.

I can see Book Razor and the rest of the review services that don't have a long list of reviewers in their back pocket charging more money for their services because reviewers just aren't leaving their email addresses on their Amazon profiles in the numbers like they used to. It will take a lot more time to harvest those emails.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts