Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*runs around, throws confetti, passes out cake, confetti gets in the cake, ruins party*

Anyway, just wanted to say "Woohoo! We made it through the sale!"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ryne Billings said:
I forgot all about that sale. My sales have actually been increasing steadily throughout the month, so I didn't notice it.
Then you dont get any cake!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
585 Posts
LOL! I've seen a lot of cyber confetti!
Actually, I've sold between 35-45 books a day during the sale, so hopefully it will increase now it is over!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
991 Posts
Ryne Billings said:
I forgot all about that sale. My sales have actually been increasing steadily throughout the month, so I didn't notice it.
I say Ryne buy us that cake! I prefer chocolate.

BTW - I just noticed my sales spiked. Woot!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
982 Posts
PJJones said:
I say Ryne buy us that cake! I prefer chocolate.

BTW - I just noticed my sales spiked. Woot!
You may prefer chocolate, but you're gonna get some cardboard cake. ;D

But anyways, I only heard of the sale like a week ago. For some reason, Amazon didn't email me about it like they normally do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jason Kristopher said:
Wait, there was a sale? And this caused sales to be slow?

I'm averaging 8.2/day for the month. If this is slow...

*sits down* Holy crap. I made my car note in sales this month off the Kindle alone. What will next month bring?
You dont get any cake either!

You guys are ruining my party! *flings confetti aggressively*
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
253 Posts
ShaunaG said:
You dont get any cake either!

You guys are ruining my party! *flings confetti aggressively*
No, no no - I'm GLAD the sale is over!

*flings confetti right back*

I just can't wait to see what my sales due in a non-slump month!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
To clarify, there was a large sale on Amazon (I think for just one week, ending on the 27th) where they placed over 900 traditionally published books on sale from $.99-2.99, which obviously infringes on our turf. Although, I still got sales too, I'm sure it hurt sales to a degree. Hopefully it also generated traffic our way since our prices are always in that range. Also, I hope, people really liked only paying that much for books and will be turned off by the idea of paying more again and look to us when maybe they wouldn't have before.

I'm not convinced everyone deserves the confetti ruined cake. *glares, confetti at the ready*
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
253 Posts
ShaunaG said:
To clarify, there was a large sale on Amazon (I think for just one week, ending on the 27th) where they placed over 900 traditionally published books on sale from $.99-2.99, which obviously infringes on our turf. Although, I still got sales too, I'm sure it hurt sales to a degree. Hopefully it also generated traffic our way since our prices are always in that range. Also, I hope, people really liked only paying that much for books and will be turned off by the idea of paying more again and look to us when maybe they wouldn't have before.

I'm not convinced everyone deserves the confetti ruined cake. *glares, confetti at the ready*
Oh, I thought you were talking about the one were they put like 600 on sale for a couple months. Still, good to know anyway.

*munches on cake, confetti and all* What? I'm not picky.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,323 Posts
Woohoo! *happy dance*

Those Amazon sales don't kill my sales, but they definitely hurt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,057 Posts
I'm having my best month yet... not that it's anything to brag about, so I don't know.  But I enjoy confetti and I enjoy when Amazon STOPS these crazy sales... hehe.


Here's to the autumn and xmas season coming!!!!  (Less then 5 months until xmas!)

-jb 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,274 Posts
gregoryblackman said:
My sales went up during the sale, oddly. Since the sale ended haven't had one yet, however :).
My sales went up during the sale, too, and now they're down. I wonder if maybe I was on the also bought bar for one of the books on sale?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,585 Posts
I've had a disasterous and dispiriting week for sales...I hope it was the sale that did it...would be nice to think there was some sort of logic to the universe.
...perhaps some cake as a comfort eat?
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top