Kindle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just noticed Amazon finally has the month-to-date sales data listed, but I think it's still buggy. It claims I've only had one sale since June 1st, but I know for a fact that at least five people have bought PARALLAX in the same time period.  Plus, my sales ranking wouldn't have jumped that high from where it was on the back of only one sale.

Anyone else seeing a discrepancy?

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
The DTP has been down and a mess since June 1 and hasn;t reported any sales. (You're June 1 must have been early morning). Although there's a report it's been fixed and it will take 24 hours to recapture eveything and report it, nothing has showed for many author's still according to the DTP forum posts.

Edward C. Patterson

·
Registered
7 Posts
The same thing happened with my book: A Man’s Feelings. I finally was able to list it the correct category. It worked and my rating dropped but so far this month it shows no data in this time period.
I just scrolled down and saw what Ed said. I guess the mystery is solved. Thanks Ed

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
I'm finally showing 1 sale of Surviving an American Gulag, a book which shows a ranking that would sustain at least 10 sales. Plus my confirmed sales (3) from Susan of VA aren;t in there. I assume that the system is being restores painfully slow and should work its way out.

Edward C. Patterson

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine is at last showing 2 sales, so I think you're right, Edward - it must be a slow recovery process.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL, yeah that would be funny!  My sales rank just jumped again, but no showing on the report side.  It's anyone's guess!

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
edwpat said:
The DTP has been down and a mess since June 1 and hasn;t reported any sales. (You're June 1 must have been early morning). Although there's a report it's been fixed and it will take 24 hours to recapture eveything and report it, nothing has showed for many author's still according to the DTP forum posts.

Edward C. Patterson
Got to love computers and electronic tracking / paperwork

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My numbers have definitely bumped up sales-wise, but I still think they're short.  Yep, gotta love technology!  :)

·
Registered
516 Posts
jonfmerz said:
So I just noticed Amazon finally has the month-to-date sales data listed, but I think it's still buggy. It claims I've only had one sale since June 1st, but I know for a fact that at least five people have bought PARALLAX in the same time period. Plus, my sales ranking wouldn't have jumped that high from where it was on the back of only one sale.

Anyone else seeing a discrepancy?
I can tell you that the Amazon sales rankings are eccentric and not dependable. I have a hunch there is some secret logic to them. But I can't figure it out.

After a flurry of sales, one of my titles zoomed right past another one of my books. Yet the one that was left in the dust--according to Amazon--had many times more sales than the one Amazon blessed with a great rank number.

All very strange. And I've given up trying to query Amazon. I love 'em. But--in the Kindle Department--they are stunningly unresponsive.

Sig

http://sigrosenblum.7p.com/

·
Registered
306 Posts
Belatedly, I got hit with this too. The first three days of the month-- nada. This despite people telling me they bought it and watching my book go up the best seller's lists. I sent mail to the admin and got some boilerplate mail back.

I hope this doesn't happen every month.

-----------------------------------------------
Sam Landstrom
Author of acclaimed "MetaGame", sci-fi novel for 80 cents
http://www.amazon.com/MetaGame-ebook/dp/B002AJ88LC

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
There seems to be a delay, but they trickled in. I have 7, but looking at the rankings, The Academician is in the top spot, which means there's some still in the pipeline. However, it isn;t as bad as last month with the Big Stuckee. I even have my monthly reports already and they tied out. Of course, it would be nice to get my royalties, since I donate them to Kindleboards and  haven;t been paid this yea. BUT that's another system glytch that deleted tax ID and SS numbers from set up. They say they are taking my account off a payment hold, but that was a week ago.

Ed Patterson

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.