Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is a question people will be able to answer as it may be part of Amazon's almighty algorithm mystery, but here goes. If your book is up for sale and you sell quite a lot of copies at a higher price than free/99c etc. Would you get a higher rank than people who get lots of free/99c buys as customers are spending more money? Also, do paperback sales help increase rank more than eBook sales as they are more expensive? Any help appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
573 Posts
Nah, as far as I'm aware it's based entirely on volume, not how much you sell the book for.

And free has its own ranking system, so you will see a free booked ranked as '10,000 in Free', for example.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Gareth K Pengelly said:
Nah, as far as I'm aware it's based entirely on volume, not how much you sell the book for.

And free has its own ranking system, so you will see a free booked ranked as '10,000 in Free', for example.
^Exactly right.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Shawn86 said:
Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is a question people will be able to answer as it may be part of Amazon's almighty algorithm mystery, but here goes. If your book is up for sale and you sell quite a lot of copies at a higher price than free/99c etc. Would you get a higher rank than people who get lots of free/99c buys as customers are spending more money? Also, do paperback sales help increase rank more than eBook sales as they are more expensive? Any help appreciated, thanks
Well, the paperback rank and ebook rank are always shown separately. But, yeah. I can never figure out the correlation between rank and sales. It's quite amusing sometimes.

·
Registered
784 Posts
CatherineM said:
Well, the paperback rank and ebook rank are always shown separately. But, yeah. I can never figure out the correlation between rank and sales. It's quite amusing sometimes.
I shall hold your hand in that confusion. I'm stumped at times and see so many variables during different periods. In my all author account I see steep spikes one day and then continuous horizontal lines the next week. I see different countries listed for some books and then only Amazon.com for some; and they are all in KU and priced from 99 cents to $2.99. I'm wondering if my publisher has somehow left out important data or clicked the wrong boxes. Guh.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts