Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I haven't actually got my Kindle yet. It's en route and I expect it next week. I did notice, however, that Amazon has already changed my "send to" information when I order a Kindle book to allow me to send to my iPod, my 2nd Kindle, or my 3rd Kindle.

Here's the thing: I don't have a 2nd Kindle, or a 3rd Kindle; I have a single Kindle on the way, and an iPod with the Kindle App that I've been using in the meantime.

I can see the Kindle being considered my "2nd Kindle" as I was reading books on my iPod previously, but where in the heck does "3rd Kindle" come into play? (Unless Amazon sent me an extra Kindle..!)

I did email Amazon about it, but it's the weekend and I'm not sure I'll see an answer soon, so I just wondered if anyone else had this issue or could shed some light on it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Did you at any time have Kindles on order that you canceled?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
EDIT:

I got this from Amazon CS (FAST response, by the way) -

To purchase Kindle content such as newspapers, blogs, books, and magazines, you must have a Kindle registered to your Amazon.com account. When you place an order for Kindle, we automatically apply a Kindle host client to your account. This client gives you the ability to purchase Kindle content in the Kindle Store at http://www.amazon.com/kindlestore while you're waiting for delivery of your Kindle. When your Kindle arrives, you can download your previously purchased content from your "Archived Items" list.

To purchase Kindle content such as newspapers, blogs, books, and magazines, you must have a Kindle registered to your Amazon.com account. When you place an order for Kindle, we automatically apply a Kindle host client to your account. This client gives you the ability to purchase Kindle content in the Kindle Store at http://www.amazon.com/kindlestore while you're waiting for delivery of your Kindle. When you're Kindle arrives, you can download your previously purchased content from your "Archived Items" list.
So this is actually normal for their system. It works as a placeholder. They've renamed my Kindle already, and it's ready to go once I get it.

Amazon has some great customer service.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Call them and talk to them about dropping it.  CS is really great to work with you. 
deb

1 - 5 of 5 Posts