Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 274 Posts

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Would you buy a refurbished Kindle?  I'd think about it.  I might.  I think it should be discounted a little more though.  Not at all related to Kindle, but I had good experience with Amazon earlier this year.  I think Amazon is generally a good place to do business with.  Trust 'em.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Refurb is as good as new but they should have reduced the price more.

I bought that refurbished TomTom for my husband for Christmas for 79 bucks. Same model brand new was 100 bucks more!

·
Registered
12,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like they offer the same 1 year warranty on them and of course since they are in stock ready for shipping, no waiting time. But they are only 30 $ less then the new ones. Not sure. I am on waiting list for February for my Kindle. I don't usually have issues with buying refurb, but for some reason I want my Kindle to be "untouched"  if that makes sense  ;D.

I wonder how many of those refurbs they have in stock and how long they will last now with the Holiday Rush on them.

·
Registered
399 Posts
If I was in the market for another, I'd buy a refurb in a heartbeat. In fact, I'm sitting here thinking about buying 5 or so to sell on ebay. Probably won't (too much hassle) but it sure is tempting...

·
Registered
377 Posts
TM said:
I have a late Feb delivery date... and am seriously considering a refurb model instead.
I would be, too, particularly if it comes with the same extended return time period as the spankin' new one, or any other product that is purchased from them right now (meaning, one would have until Jan 31st to return it, for any reason whatsoever).

Dang right I would.

In fact, I can really relate to Mike's thinking above - if these things are going for $700 to $1500 each on eBay, why not...........

-X-

·
Registered
377 Posts
By the way, I did just now go look at the refurb listing, and did click on the 'return policy' link embeded there, and it does say this:

"Holiday Returns Policy
Our standard policy is to accept most returns within 30 days from the date of delivery. However, we understand that many customers like to order holiday gifts early, so we have extended our returns period for the holidays.

Items sold by Amazon.com and shipped between November 1 and December 31, 2008, may be returned until January 31, 2009 for a full refund, subject to our other returns restrictions listed below."

In that case, I would so totally go for a refurb (well, if I didn't already own one; but even then, I would love to give one or two of these as gifts.... hhmmmmm....), what do you have to lose?!

Thanks for the info!!  Kindle food for thought!!

-X-

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hm, it's pretty tempting. If I ordered one in the next 4 hours, I could have it on Monday.

I've been thinking about getting one for the young woman who works with me in the office.

L

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
They also have "used" ones listed from 795-1500.00! So really these refurbed are a bargain. If I didn't have one already and had a Feb. delivery date. I would buy one of these but not cancel the other till I had checked it out. I wondered what they did with ones that people got and had problems with and returned... these must be those.

Oh and I saw one had sold on eBay for over 800.00.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Well, I went ahead and ordered one. I have amazon prime so free shipping and I should have it on Tuesday. I'll report back as to condition, etc. If it's not perfect it will be returned asap.

L

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Yay, Leslie, did you get the last one?

Betsy
I don't think they have only one. I think it means there is only one seller (Amazon) selling the refurbished Kindles.

L

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
What I wasn't able to find, anywhere in the order, was the place to designate it as a gift and not have it be registered to my account. I guess I'll have to deregister myself before I give it to Susan. Maybe if I had shipped it to a different address I would have had that choice. I did look at the gift options but all it had was the choice to pay $4.99 to get it wrapped (which I didn't choose since I am going to open it up and thoroughly check it out).

L

1 - 20 of 274 Posts