Kindle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I'm gearing up to premier my fourth book and promoting it by making the first book in the series free via KDP.

I'd like to promote the freebie on Twitter, but the only method I know of getting Amazon-shortened links is through the Associate's interface, but that automatically adds your associates tag to the link. I don't want to do that because I don't want to loose what small amount of money my blog brings in through associates by the anti-freebie policy kicking in and denying me my money.

While I know about other shortening sites, I'd really like to use the amazon shortened links if possible. Does anyone know ow I can get them without shooting myself in the financial foot?

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
It might not be as short as you'd like, but you can find a shortened link on the book product page under the right-hand sidebar. Click on "share".

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Monique, thanks for that tip! I must have looked at Amazon book pages a gazillion times and never noticed that Share link!

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Monique said:
It might not be as short as you'd like, but you can find a shortened link on the book product page under the right-hand sidebar. Click on "share".
Awesome! That's exactly what I needed, thanks! :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Twitter shortens long links automatically using its own url shortener t.co. That said, with bit.ly you can see the visitor stats of any url by adding a + to the end of the shortened link.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Vaalingrade said:
I'd like to promote the freebie on Twitter, but the only method I know of getting Amazon-shortened links is through the Associate's interface, but that automatically adds your associates tag to the link. I don't want to do that because I don't want to loose what small amount of money my blog brings in through associates by the anti-freebie policy kicking in and denying me my money.
I'd like to be in the boat where a tweeted message boat in enough free sales to run the risk on the new limit.

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tensen said:
I'd like to be in the boat where a tweeted message boat in enough free sales to run the risk on the new limit.
IIRC, they also ding you if freebies make up 80% of your sales. Given that I make 2-3 sales a month, I would be swiftly and completely boned.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Vaalingrade said:
IIRC, they also ding you if freebies make up 80% of your sales. Given that I make 2-3 sales a month, I would be swiftly and completely boned.
I believe it's IF your free books account for 80% of affiliate sales AND you have over 20,000 free book sales.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Was definitely an "and".

YOU WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO EARN ANY ADVERTISING FEES DURING ANY MONTH IN WHICH YOU MEET THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS:
(a) 20,000 or more free Kindle eBooks are ordered and downloaded during Sessions attributed to your Special Links; and
(b) At least 80% of all Kindle eBooks ordered and downloaded during Sessions attributed to your Special Links are free Kindle eBooks.

·
Registered
New crime fiction series.
3,523 Posts
Another way is just to add your ASIN to amzn.com with a forward slash. /ASIN. This applies to any Amazon product number/item number. It shortens the URL without tagging it with your affiliate id. Just like Monique explained, but without having to go to Amazon and click on the share link. Just another option.

Example....

http://amzn.com/B0076DCP16

... http://amzn.com/B0076DCP16

1 - 14 of 14 Posts