Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you can register more than one kindle on an account, but I don't really want my mom on my account and vice versa as we really don't have much overlap in our reading habits and it would be a pain straitening who owes who for which purchases.

So........

My suggestion to Amazon is to allow kindle users to register "friends/families" kindles on each other accounts and allow us to transfer books we have purchased to them to read on some sort of a temporary basis, maybe with a 30 day license. 

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I do like the idea of transferring books to other kindle owners either family or friends......I think it should be a 60 day "loan" but there should be some way of doing this

·
Registered
530 Posts
I agree! I used to share print books with my Dad and we both have a Kindle. However, we don't want to share an account because I don't want to pay for his books and he does not want to pay for mine because we don't read all of the same types of books. It would be great to have some kind of friends and family plan. I don't see it happening becuase of all kinds of reasons but it sure would be great.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pomlover2586 said:
I do like the idea of transferring books to other kindle owners either family or friends......I think it should be a 60 day "loan" but there should be some way of doing this
I sure would think it would be possible to have a temporary license. If I'm not mistaken libraries have some sort of a similar system set up for their ebooks.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Even if you are on the same account, you don't have to download books that you are not interested in. Also, you can have more than one credit card on the account switching out the one-click method. I know that it is not easy for everyone, so the Family and Friends idea may another way to do it. Maybe allow 6 Kindles total to share the books. That way if you have 2 or 3 on your account you could share the empty slots with friends.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rhiathame (member 2790) said:
I agree! I used to share print books with my Dad and we both have a Kindle. However, we don't want to share an account because I don't want to pay for his books and he does not want to pay for mine because we don't read all of the same types of books. It would be great to have some kind of friends and family plan. I don't see it happening becuase of all kinds of reasons but it sure would be great.
I don't know if would happen or no either, I have my doubts, but it would mimic the way most book buyers use the books they have purchased. It also doesn't have to available to a limitless supply of friends either and the fact that one would have to get a Lonee's kindle registration info would put the kibosh on a free for all of passing books out to everyone.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Why make it a loan? You get 6 licences and actually, if you deregister it and register it on your account, you can tranfer a book or two, using one of the licences, and then take it off your account and have them put it back on their own. As long as they don't delete the book it would be there for them to read, and since you have already licenced a copy to that Kindle you could re-download it if it did get deleted without using another licence.
Did that make any sense?

I want to add that Amazon frowns on doing this. The 6 licences are meant for use on devies that are on your account only, however short-sighted that is. I don't THINK it goes against any of the TOS, but if you plan on trying it, I would suggest looking it up first.

·
Registered
137 Posts
That'd be great, especially if they could include subscriptions also. If I had purchased a magazine, my husband would be able to read it; I wish we could do the same thing with our Kindles since we're on the same account.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Subscriptions are only valid for the Kindle they are bought for, you don't get multiples for mags, blogs, or newspapers, although that would be cool.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts