Kindle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an e-mail from Amazon Reviews (sender is [email protected]) inviting me to rate books I've purchased recently. I've been on Amazon for years, mostly buying books, and I've never received anything like this before.  Is it new or have I just been missing what looks like a great chance to get reviews?

·
Registered
12,250 Posts
I get those same emails all the time, just got another one today. Today's listed the last instant video I bought as a first item, other stuff were books. All it does it gets you to the rating/review page on Amazon. Same place it puts the stars when I rate from my kindle after I read a book.

Maybe something changed in your email settings if you haven't gotten those before?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Betsy the Quilter said:
I regularly get those emails and have done for years....

Betsy
I can't understand why I haven't. I joined Amazon back when Bezos was still explaining where the name came from. I signed up for Prime the day--literally the day--it became available. I pre-ordered the very first Kindle so early that I actually got it on the release date. Heck, I'm even wait listed for an Echo. And now they finally get around to sending me these e-mails? I feel so neglected. ;)

·
Registered
733 Posts
I mostly get notices like that for MP3s I buy online, or the occasional nonfiction book. As chance would have it, I rarely get them for fiction.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, now that I know they exist, I wonder how effective they are? Has anyone actually rated a product as a result of an e-mail like this?

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
A better question...what good does it do to rate a book if the product page doesn't show ratings?

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
josielitton said:
Well, now that I know they exist, I wonder how effective they are? Has anyone actually rated a product as a result of an e-mail like this?
They often backfire with books. I have seen reviews that say things like "I haven't read the damn book yet so stop bothering me - one star," as if they are somehow punishing Amazon for asking.

·
Registered
12,722 Posts
Every day. 
I didn't start getting them until I had reviewed a few things.  But I am generally in the top 10,000 or so of reviewers.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
David VanDyke said:
They often backfire with books. I have seen reviews that say things like "I haven't read the damn book yet so stop bothering me - one star," as if they are somehow punishing Amazon for asking.
I've gotten some of those "I haven't read the book yet." They can bring your ratings down.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I review at least 50% of the things (not just books) I buy on Amazon. But yes, I get email reminders from them to review my purchases. If I haven't used the product yet, I just ignore the email.

·
Registered
613 Posts
David VanDyke said:
I got one of these a day or two ago. Of course there's no way to get rid of it...

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
josielitton said:
I can't understand why I haven't. I joined Amazon back when Bezos was still explaining where the name came from. I signed up for Prime the day--literally the day--it became available. I pre-ordered the very first Kindle so early that I actually got it on the release date. Heck, I'm even wait listed for an Echo. And now they finally get around to sending me these e-mails? I feel so neglected. ;)
Have you recently changed the communications settings in your account? You can turn them on or off. I dunno. I've been a member about the same length of time.

Have you done reviews on your own? I review lots of stuff...

Betsy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts