1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
103 Posts
Couldn't let this one go. I finally emailed Amazon and asked how I would go about getting my book to be a sponsored book--as in, who do I pay and how much. I got an email back with a pat answer explaining how to promote your books once you hit the publish button--blog entries, social media, etc. So, I wrote back and told them (it?) that I had not asked that question, rather, I had asked how to arrange to have my book listed under the sponsored book category under literary fiction, for example.
Here's their (its) response:

Thanks for showing your interest in the list of 'Sponsored Selections'', while this isn't currently a feature, we appreciate you feedback regarding the list. We'll consider your feedback as we plan further improvements.
Publisher feedback serves an important role in helping us to improve our platform and provide better service.
Thanks for taking time to offer us your thoughts.

It isn't currently a feature? Well, what is this? http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=s9_bhrz_bw_srch?node=6259202011,157053011&search-alias=stripbooks&bbn=6259202011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-6&pf_rd_r=1835TSMMJA8BMEP0XMDW&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1448734442&pf_rd_i=157053011

In other words, sponsored selections are not offered to KDP publishers.
It seems to me that sponsored selections might be Amazon "sponsoring" selected books to push sales.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts