Kindle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my K2 (which arrived Tuesday) and Amazon K2 cover separately (too excited when I ordered the K2 and forgot the cover).  Opted for the super saver shipping on the cover, and boy am I paying for it now!  The cover was sent via USPS FIRST CLASS Mail, which might as well be a slow boat coming from China!  The cover was shipped Monday from KY.  I am in TX.  I thought for sure it would be here by now, but NOOOOO!  :'(  My K2 is cold and naked.... but there's always tomorrow... fingers crossed.

Oh, and I will think twice before ever using super saver shipping again!

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'm with you.  Amazon actually uses FedEx SmartPost, which is even SLOWER than USPS first class mail.  FedEx takes several days to sort Amazon's packages and then delivers them to post offices, where slow Chinese boats take over from there.

Disappointing!

Hope your cover arrives tomorrow so your poor Kindle won't be naked through the weekend.

My new Kindle is wearing a padded envelope right now, the poor thing.  She's really embarrassed about it, but I told her before we go out on the town, I'll get her some designer clothes.  Just haven't found what I'm looking for yet.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I always interpreted "Super Saving Shipping" to mean cost savings only (free!), since items ordered (books, DVDs, etc.) didn't ship for about one week, then finally arrived about 10 days after ordered.

After several years of tiring of the delays, I opted for "Amazon Prime," which gets me 2-day free shipping on almost anything in stock (not if shipped via 3rd party, though), and $3.99 charge for overnight shipping. My wife and I order ALOT from Amazon.com, so it's well worth it each year.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I do Prime also but at $70.00 a year you do need to order a lot or order lareg ticket items.

I do both. I rarely add in the $3.99 per item to overnight. Only if it something I REALLY need before the weekend and I order early thrusday.

EL

·
Registered
501 Posts
ELDogStar said:
I do Prime also but at $70.00 a year you do need to order a lot or order lareg ticket items.

I do both. I rarely add in the $3.99 per item to overnight. Only if it something I REALLY need before the weekend and I order early thrusday.

EL
Well, Mr. Bezos IS listed as a dependent on my tax returns.......

;D

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BK said:
My new Kindle is wearing a padded envelope right now, the poor thing. She's really embarrassed about it, but I told her before we go out on the town, I'll get her some designer clothes. Just haven't found what I'm looking for yet.
I took my K2 out tonight for the first time. My family doesn't like our local Mexican food restaurant, I do. They stayed home and ordered pizza. I took Trixie out to dinner (wrapped in a lunch size brown paper bag). We had a wonderful time together and she returned home unharmed. Don't think she will be leaving the house w/o proper covering in the future, though. I was desperate tonight...

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I chose super saver for my cover, which I ordered Monday and it came today. I am very glad I went with the 2day on my Kindle. I would not trust my local post office with anything breakable!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Gina, sure hope your Kindle arrived!  Sorry you had such a long wait.

I was so relieved when the postman finally delivered my K2 on Thursday.  I will NEVER choose super saver shipping for an expensive, eagerly awaited item again.  I'll still use it for less critical purchases, though.  I can't justify paying $79 a year for possible future shipping charges.  (Plus I'll be buying more Kindle books than DTBs from Amazon now, so I won't be paying shipping charges as often.) 

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
I almost always use super saver shipping.  I even used it for Little Gertie and she arrived in less than a week.  Obviously, I don't mind waiting.  If I save $5-6 on each order, that's more books or DVDs I can order. 

I don't mind USPS delivering.  It's why I super-sized my mail box ... which I ordered from Amazon at half the price it would have cost me to order from Home Depot. 

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I use Super Saving for my K1 and it was sent UPS ground. Shipping US Post must be new thing. I still chose it for most things. Very glad I did with my cover.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts