Kindle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the noob question, but my google searching didnt help me out much. I'm setting up my website/blog over on wordpress and I'd really like to have those cool little widgets that display your book from amazon. It shows your book in a box and has a little button saying "buy from amazon." Anybody have any idea how I can get those?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Yes. Make sure you are logged in on Amazon then go to your book page.

At the top there should be a dark gray bar. with options such as: Link to this page - Add to Widget and more stuff.

Click the "Add to Widget" and follow instructions. You can copy/paste the code.

Lambert

·
Registered
977 Posts
Definitely sign up as an affiliate, that way when you promote other books on your site you get a commision from Amazon if they buy through your link ;D.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Do wordpress allow affiliate links via book displays?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Hmm.

So, following this thread.

If I sign up as an affiliate, and I run my own wordpress site (not through wordpress.com)...

I can have cool Amazon widgets?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Glenn Bullion said:
Hmm.

If I sign up as an affiliate, and I run my own wordpress site (not through wordpress.com)...

I have Wordpress installed on my own site, and I have widgets there. Sometimes I have trouble...but I think that's me, not Wordpress or the Widget.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Glenn Bullion said:
Hmm.

Yes. It's just the wordpress.com blogs that are restricted.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the responses. I will have to look into whether or not wordpress will allow me to link as an affiliate. I hope so-- I love those little widgets on other people's sites!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Here is something I've noted about being an Amazon Affiliate and a Kindle book publisher. If a reader buys my $2.99 book at Amazon, I get $2.00. If they buy my book through an affiliate page, I get $1.00. If I send readers to Amazon through an Affiliate link, I get around 13 cents BUT I loose $1.00 off the sale on the Kindle side. Using an Affiliate link doesn't work for me, and may not work for you-- depending on the price of your book.

Keep this in mind when your using Affiliate links to send buyers to Amazon.

Regards,
John

·
Registered
918 Posts
Armadon said:
Here is something I've noted about being an Amazon Affiliate and a Kindle book publisher. If a reader buys my $2.99 book at Amazon, I get $2.00. If they buy my book through an affiliate page, I get $1.00. If I send readers to Amazon through an Affiliate link, I get around 13 cents BUT I loose $1.00 off the sale on the Kindle side. Using an Affiliate link doesn't work for me, and may not work for you-- depending on the price of your book.

Regards,
John
Oh wow. I publish all my stuff at $2.99. Is it not worth setting up then?

·
Registered
108 Posts
It is worth setting up if you do book reviews from your author site. Book reviews are great for bringing traffic to your site, and with Amazon Affiliates, you can make a little coin for sending that traffic to Amazon.

Regards,
John Michael Hileman

·
Registered
977 Posts
Armadon said:

Regards,
John
Are you outside of the US? The lower royalty does not make sense otherwise. In my experience, if a reader purchases my book through an affiliate link on my site (if they are a US, etc. resident, as I am), I receive my full 70% royalty from KDP, as well as an additional percentage through the affiliate program (unrelated to my royalties). If we lost approx. 50% of our royalties by taking part of the affiliate program, no author would partake. The two programs are completely separate as far as I know. I would love to hear more clarification about your experience. Thanks ;D.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Very interesting. The purchases I noticed this on, could have been United Kingdom purchases, now that you mention it. I could have looked at it wrong. I thought the sales were coming from the new widget on my webpage, but at the same time, I had been talking to my friends in Europe. Hmmm. Interesting.

Regards,
John

1 - 17 of 17 Posts