Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to figure out how to add Kindle books to a Wish List at Amazon.com - no luck.  Can someone out there tell me if they have managed to get that feature to work?  The only choices I have when I pull up a Kindle title are "Buy with 1-click"  or "Try it for free."
I don't really want samples on the device, I just want a list of titles that I want to purchase later on down the road so it's easier to watch the prices.
Thanks,
Andra

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Hi Andra...welcome aboard. The only way to add to your wish list without sampling is to look at the customer reviews...from there you can add to your wish list.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Yes, when you look at the reviews, a wish list button will magically appear, like this:

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you chynared21 and Leslie.  I knew there had to be a way to make it work.
Andra

·
Registered
273 Posts
Here is a link, at Amazon, where you cam put a Wishlist button on your browser's toolbar. They walk you through each step of how to do it. I love having it because it is always right there and I never have to go looking for it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/wishlist/get-button/

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
tc said:
Here is a link, at Amazon, where you cam put a Wishlist button on your browser's toolbar. They walk you through each step of how to do it. I love having it because it is always right there and I never have to go looking for it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/wishlist/get-button/
I have added this feature as well. It really comes in handy when a book doesn't have a customer review!!

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Thanks for the link, TC. Been wondering about adding Kindle books to my wish list.  Cool .... Handy

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I added the link to the tool bar and it's really neat.  For some reason it didn't occur to me that I could use it on Amazon's own website...
Thanks tc!
Andra

·
Registered
273 Posts
I use that link in my toolbar all the time.  I have 30 odd pages of Wish List.  :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have using the comment feature when you click on the Add To Wish List button.  I am noting that a link to the book can be found on this board, which topic and which thread so that I will come back here to get the book and the board can get the credit.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
tc said:
I have using the comment feature when you click on the Add To Wish List button. I am noting that a link to the book can be found on this board, which topic and which thread so that I will come back here to get the book and the board can get the credit.
What a wonderful idea tc... do you mind if I steal borrow it?? ;D

·
Registered
273 Posts
Angela, you can't take it but I will give to you.  ;)  I find that making those comments really help.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Thanks, tc! I did use that to make a comment once on a book to remind me it had bad formatting and left it on my Wish List so if I forgot and thouht about buying it again I would have the notes.

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
tc said:
I have using the comment feature when you click on the Add To Wish List button. I am noting that a link to the book can be found on this board, which topic and which thread so that I will come back here to get the book and the board can get the credit.
Great idea, TC!

I'm also going to "borrow" it!

Thanks!

Betsy

·
Registered
48 Posts
Speaking of Amazon Wish Lists, it would be a neat feature if there was a way somebody else could buy a Kindle book for you.  Perhaps Amazon could notify you by email that the book was waiting to be uploaded to your Kindle.

I was thinking about this because I review books for an Indie Book site called POD Book Reviews and More.  I'm still considering the purchase of a Kindle, but one item on my "disadvantage" list is that the Kindle would be no use to me in reviewing books.  Wouldn't it be great if the author could just buy the Kindle version for me, and I could upload it! 

I also review for Amazon Vine, and the same thing could apply there.  Since I started this reviewing hobby, my bookshelves are full to overflowing ...

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
dsalerni said:
I was thinking about this because I review books for an Indie Book site called POD Book Reviews and More. I'm still considering the purchase of a Kindle, but one item on my "disadvantage" list is that the Kindle would be no use to me in reviewing books. Wouldn't it be great if the author could just buy the Kindle version for me, and I could upload it!
There is no reason the author cannot send you a copy of his work in the MobiPocket format, or Text, or PDF. He does not need to sell it to you via Amazon.

·
Registered
48 Posts
pidgeon92 said:
There is no reason the author cannot send you a copy of his work in the MobiPocket format, or Text, or PDF. He does not need to sell it to you via Amazon.
Oh, I didn't think of that! That would probably suit the author, who would not have to mail out a copy of his/her physical book, and it would work even if the book did not exist in Kindle format.

Thanks! I'll add that into my "advantage" column then. (Extra thanks, because I was getting depressed over the lack of advantages ... and I really do want one!)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts