Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to figure out how to add Kindle books to a Wish List at Amazon.com - no luck.  Can someone out there tell me if they have managed to get that feature to work?  The only choices I have when I pull up a Kindle title are "Buy with 1-click"  or "Try it for free."
I don't really want samples on the device, I just want a list of titles that I want to purchase later on down the road so it's easier to watch the prices.
Thanks,
Andra
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,941 Posts
tc said:
Here is a link, at Amazon, where you cam put a Wishlist button on your browser's toolbar. They walk you through each step of how to do it. I love having it because it is always right there and I never have to go looking for it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/wishlist/get-button/
I have added this feature as well. It really comes in handy when a book doesn't have a customer review!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
278 Posts
I have using the comment feature when you click on the Add To Wish List button.  I am noting that a link to the book can be found on this board, which topic and which thread so that I will come back here to get the book and the board can get the credit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,941 Posts
tc said:
I have using the comment feature when you click on the Add To Wish List button. I am noting that a link to the book can be found on this board, which topic and which thread so that I will come back here to get the book and the board can get the credit.
What a wonderful idea tc... do you mind if I steal borrow it?? ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
278 Posts
Angela, you can't take it but I will give to you.  ;)  I find that making those comments really help.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
67,100 Posts
tc said:
I have using the comment feature when you click on the Add To Wish List button. I am noting that a link to the book can be found on this board, which topic and which thread so that I will come back here to get the book and the board can get the credit.
Great idea, TC!

I'm also going to "borrow" it!

Thanks!

Betsy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Speaking of Amazon Wish Lists, it would be a neat feature if there was a way somebody else could buy a Kindle book for you.  Perhaps Amazon could notify you by email that the book was waiting to be uploaded to your Kindle.

I was thinking about this because I review books for an Indie Book site called POD Book Reviews and More.  I'm still considering the purchase of a Kindle, but one item on my "disadvantage" list is that the Kindle would be no use to me in reviewing books.  Wouldn't it be great if the author could just buy the Kindle version for me, and I could upload it! 

I also review for Amazon Vine, and the same thing could apply there.  Since I started this reviewing hobby, my bookshelves are full to overflowing ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,650 Posts
dsalerni said:
I was thinking about this because I review books for an Indie Book site called POD Book Reviews and More. I'm still considering the purchase of a Kindle, but one item on my "disadvantage" list is that the Kindle would be no use to me in reviewing books. Wouldn't it be great if the author could just buy the Kindle version for me, and I could upload it!
There is no reason the author cannot send you a copy of his work in the MobiPocket format, or Text, or PDF. He does not need to sell it to you via Amazon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
pidgeon92 said:
There is no reason the author cannot send you a copy of his work in the MobiPocket format, or Text, or PDF. He does not need to sell it to you via Amazon.
Oh, I didn't think of that! That would probably suit the author, who would not have to mail out a copy of his/her physical book, and it would work even if the book did not exist in Kindle format.

Thanks! I'll add that into my "advantage" column then. (Extra thanks, because I was getting depressed over the lack of advantages ... and I really do want one!)
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top