Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you use Amazon to buy other things than just books for your Kindle? If so, what else do you purchase?

You name it I buy it if it save me money.

I can't name al the things I have bought.

Carpet, books, games, everything pretty much

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
toys for the grandkids, K-cups for my Keurig, games for the Wii & Nintendo DSl lite, lots of stuff... I usually check Amazon first to see what the price is and more times than not even if I have to pay shipping I save money.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Cellphone accessories and laptop accessories are really cheap.

New HP laptop adapter from SunValleyTech: 27 dollars (usually 60-80)
Palm Centro Hard Clear Case 1 penny with 2-3 dollar shipping. (usually...five times more than I got it.)

Can't beat the prices most of the time.

·
Registered
6,214 Posts
mp3 music downloads (usually costs are lower than at itunes), dead tree books, rice cooker, and I'm sure there have been other things that I can't remember.

Marti

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
If they sell it and I want it, I buy it from them. Unless it's cheaper locally, but that is rare. Let's just say I get my moneys worth out of my Prime membership LOL I really don't like running around town trying to find stuff locally.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Books, CDs, netbook, software...I buy tons of stuff from Amazon. It's like going to a Super Walmart, but without having to see someone's Grandma in too-small capris and a tube top.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I will usually check into it for anything that I buy and I usually end up buying because 1-click is way too easy.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Thumper said:
Books, CDs, netbook, software...I buy tons of stuff from Amazon. It's like going to a Super Walmart, but without having to see someone's Grandma in too-small capris and a tube top.
I agree about the tube top. I live in a place that has 1 walmart, and 1 target in 50 sq. miles. Way too many people crammed in there. I'd rather shop on-line.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have boughten cell phone accessories and books.  Mainly books, but since I ordered my kindle I have been looking at other things I normally buy and I'm pleasantly surprised that the price is competitive.  I just ordered a refill of my bare minerals make up, I didn't have to make time to go to the store and I even saved a dollar or two.

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Remember if you DO buy from Amazon, get there via the links on KindleBoards.  That way Harvey gets some affiliate money to keep this site going. . . . . .

·
Registered
455 Posts
I am starting to use Amazon more and more. Honestly, never thought of it before I started lurking here. My most recent purchase, last night, was a pooper scooper. I have discovered I don't like the current method (which involves a plastic bag and me bending over repeatedly to pick up the poop) of poop removal. LOL!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I would buy everything from Amazon through the link above, however it would cost way too much via duty, but whenever I do buy something for someone to mule back to me it is always through Amazon. 

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
count me in with the pretty much everything group - it is the first place I check - then I check prices elsewhere and if it is close I get it thru Amazon - I really should figure out what I could save with Prime - did anyone do the numbers before they got it??

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
vsch said:
Everything, including replacement heads for our electric toothbrush and reeds for my son's tenor sax.
LOL I've bought toothpaste from them, when my local store stopped selling my favorite flavor, Tom's of Maine mango orange.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
rho said:
count me in with the pretty much everything group - it is the first place I check - then I check prices elsewhere and if it is close I get it thru Amazon - I really should figure out what I could save with Prime - did anyone do the numbers before they got it??
I'm afraid to total up what I've bought, to check. I've had mine since they came out with it, so I'd have to go back a quite a ways to compare pre to post prime. It also depends on how much you take free super saver shipping, and how important getting it fast is.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Thumper said:
Thumper, rolling on the floor. This is why I keep buying your books!

On topic: I buy lots of stuff at Amazon (klicking through from KindleBoards, of course!) Love Prime! My husband wanted a book before we head out of town, Prime let me get it here before we leave without paying extra (and I put it on HIS credit card.) :)

Betsy

1 - 20 of 27 Posts