Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed something cool (if it's been mentioned already, please forgive me).  When you do a search on my name in the Kindle store now, you don't just get an "author page" link with my picture.  You get a result labeled "Amazon's Complete Selection of Ellen Fisher Books," with my photo, the first several sentences of my bio, and a list of my three bestselling books (with links!).  Seems like a nice improvement.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Coolness! And a certain amount of confusion... 

When I search on my name I see the "Amazon's Complete Selection of Shayne Parkinson Books", which is cool. And I see all my books individually. But I also see several other books that aren't by me. Cynthia Wicklund's are there, which is kind of cool, as she's a big seller (and she also writes historicals). But I really don't know how a book called "A Stingray Bit My Nipple!" ended up on my page.  :eek:

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Shayne, I'm getting a lot of weird books too.

Here's my guess, from past experience. Whenever I would do a search for an author and have weird books come up after their books I would click on the strange book and go look at the tags. Sure enough, most of the time the author I was searching for was named in a tag on the non-related book.

Now the tags are gone. If you *could* see the tags for that nipple book I bet your name is one of them. Just a hunch.

Vicki

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
modwitch said:
It's not really "your page", it's search results related to you. Your books and hers are very tightly coupled (I see she comes up after your books in your also boughts), so this is amazon's idea of "most related results". Same thing happens for me - authors high in my also boughts show up right after my books in a search on my name.
Thanks, Debora, that makes good sense (except for the stingray book :)). I'd noticed the Wicklund books showing up in my "Also Boughts".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.