Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wrote Amazon a couple of days ago when I first noticed my tags on the Kindle pages of my books were missing (they were also missing on Big Six authors' pages). Here's their response:

Hello Mike,

I'm sorry about the Tags not appearing on the Amazon.com item detail page for your books. I have contacted our technical support team and they are currently working on this issue.

They were not able to provide an exact date or time when they expect this issue to be resolved, but I will continue to monitor the situation with the technical support team until the problem is fixed. We appreciate your patience in this matter.

I hope this helps. Thank you for contacting us.

###

Let's hope they clear this up soon.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Oh, what I love more is amazon.co.uk as it's really random there as to whether the tags section will show up. You can see them one moment, refresh the page and they disappear, refresh again and they'll come back. Not sure whether Amazon is randomly selecting what to show users as other sections do the same thing. The only ones that really remain constant is the book details + the area with cover and purchase information, and the reviews section. The shelfari section comes and goes too.

It's like sometimes the page doesn't bother to load that part. I guess if they're using java or php type programming to run the pages, there's a chance that those parts aren't loading. Now I'm slipping into web developer mode.

The disappearing tags thing happens a lot on the UK site though. Eventually it comes back. It's more irritating on the UK site when you're entering tags and they just won't stick and don't add when you hit the add button, and it takes you five times to make it stick the tag on the list!

Felicity Heaton

1 - 4 of 4 Posts