Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many textbooks are not available for Kindle, and Kindle formatting can be sketchy for technical textbooks with complex or colorful diagrams.

I got an alert today from Amazon about its (hard-copy) Textbook Store. I hadn't heard of it before and, like a good Amazon affiliate, I'm passing on this note about it:

Textbook season is here again!

The Amazon Books team invites you to hit the books and save. Amazon.com's Textbook Store supports higher learning at lower prices with savings of up to 30% on over 100,000 new textbooks shipped from and sold by Amazon.com. In addition, students can also save up to 90% off the list price of millions of used textbooks listings. All used textbook purchases are backed by Amazon's "A-to-z Guarantee".

>> Amazon Textbook Store

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I have purchased both new & used textbooks from Amazon in the past  (one child through college & one in his junior year).  I always saved money over the college bookstore.  And with textbooks, any money you can save is a tremendous help! 

The key is to make sure you know the exact edition required for the class.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
:'( What about a kindle textbook area? I learned that most of my textbooks are only worth less than 10 bucks when I try to sell them back to the school bookstore...so I just hand them down to a friend or something. If none are worth selling back I planning on donating them.

May try order my textbooks via Amazon next semester. Beats waiting in line at school!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts