Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Super Moderator
67,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just watched the recording from last night -- easier to skip the freak shows that way. :D Couple of good family singing groups and neighborhood dance groups. Don't see a stand out solo singer yet. The one impressionist wasn't bad. . .we'll see if he's got enough material to go any farther though. Did not like the guy who put sharp things up his nose but they let him through. <shudder> There was a real short clip of the NYC Gay Men's chorus. . . .I'd have thought they were too 'professional' to qualify, but what do I know?

·
Registered
740 Posts
That "sharp thing" guy was disgusting, I had to close my eyes.  He's not going to make it any further!

Overall, I was pretty disappointed in the show, there was just too much "fluff" and not enough performances.  Hope it gets better as this is one of my favorite summer shows.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ya. the sharp stuff guy and the guy who hung concrete blocks or something like that from hooks attached somehow to his eyes?  I just couldn't watch it totally to make sure.  The others who needed to get a room and the lady who made animal noises.. gah.

The dog with the frisbees was good, but not sure if I would want to sit through that for an hour in Vegas.  :)

The two kids groups were good.. quite the inspirational story at the end with the mom.

·
Super Moderator
67,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is why I Tivo:  I saw the sharp things guy, and the guy with hooks and just sped through to the next decent act. 

The dog was good. . .but, as you say, not sure how it would make a whole show.  I can see it being part of a variety show. . . .

It boggles my mind that some of these people actually think they're good. . . .some are obviously just there for some attention, but there was at least one singer, and one 'impersonator' from Queens who were . . . .just. . . .really. . . bad.  And yet. . .they thought they were good. . . . .go figure!

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
I LoVe this show too! I watch it when "Survivor" is on break! :D Last night I DVRed it andstarted watching it 30 minutes into it so I could fast-forward it thru those yucky ones :p That couple in the Hula-Hoop thing.... "oh what pretty feet..." Puh-lease! I DID like the guy with the crush on David... I could not believe it at first, but then I started laughing! I'm sure he could do a lot of funny stuff, but an hour long???

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Love the show; glad it's back.

(Jeff Bezos would have more talent if he would give us folders....please. Just trying to make the thread not so off topic)lol.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
kevindorsey said:
Hehe, that was the funniest part of the show though.
I liked the 8-year-old dance team best so far tonight... I have it on DVR.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I always DVR it to get past the BS and to avoid stuff like the "sharp" guy.
I want that dog...so cute (unlike his owner)...lol.  I don't think Fido will make an entire show either.

·
Super Moderator
67,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, just watched last night's group. . . .the illusionist was the best of that lot I think. I liked the triplet violin players but Piers was right: they shouldn't sing. . . .and they should pick ONE of them to do the talking at any given time. . . .that's going to be a problem for them I think. The kid dance acts were good, for kids. . . . not sure they're ready for prime time yet. . .but they have plenty of time.

·
Super Moderator
67,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
O.K.  just watched last night's group. . . .lots fewer freak shows, though I can do without the glass eating guy.

I thought the ladies tap dance group, the country singer, the magician, and the girl singer were the best last night. . . .

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Last night:
That country guy from Kentucky showed them...he won't be chicken chasing anymore!!  They were making a mockery of him at the beginning...who's laughing now?  I hope he laughs all the way to the bank.

·
Super Moderator
67,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sjc said:
Last night:
That country guy from Kentucky showed them...he won't be chicken chasing anymore!! They were making a mockery of him at the beginning...who's laughing now? I hope he laughs all the way to the bank.
Well, but. . . a chicken catcher?. . LOL. . . .and he was nervous -- until he started to sing. Of course, since he was the last act. . .I knew they were setting us up for something special. :D

·
Registered
740 Posts
sjc said:
Last night:
That country guy from Kentucky showed them...he won't be chicken chasing anymore!! They were making a mockery of him at the beginning...who's laughing now? I hope he laughs all the way to the bank.
That guy was amazing!!!! I loved his voice and his whole story. HE'S GOING TO WIN!!!!! :)

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Geoff:  She was phenomenal!! That is, until they make her an overnight star and she turns into another  Brittany, Paris or a Lindsey...lol.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I watched this for the first time the other day, I dont understand why some people go on that show and think what they do is a talent

1 - 20 of 115 Posts