Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On one hand it is easy to decide if an Amazon ad is working. Sales vs spend. However it can get more complicated. Let me share and example.

I have a nine book series. I have done an automatic campaign (Actually done all sorts but keeping it easy).

Looking at the metrics the spend is 57.40, sales 14.95. That is a loss, but wait, it is a series with 90% read through, tested over many months. Profit at that rate is 18.40 for one sale or 500 pages read. So doing the math I'm getting $276.00 per sale according to my math. Clearly a win. Am I crazy for thinking that way? Since I have started this ad rankings have increased a lot  from low 100,000's to low 40,000s.

There is also an intangible here, there are 149,546 impressions as of today. Without any evidence I think that number may have a power of its own. See an ad enough times and you might not click on it, but hunt up the for sale page on Amazon itself.

Thoughts?
Ed Nelson

·
Registered
334 Posts
Not crazy. I determine my ad spend/profits the exact same way because of a long series and read-through. Now and then I'm dismayed by the numbers but then remember that for every sale there are many other potential ones, plus KU reads. Makes it easier to determine my budget.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts