Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a break from AMS ads and am trying my hand at them again after facebook wrongfully disabled my ad account like many others (but that's a whole other story).

I'm trying to enter a list of keywords in an ad campaign, and I'm noticing there's no 'drop-down' of keyword/search suggestions as I type my keywords, which there used to be. For instance, if I typed in the "Enter List" field something like 'james patterson' underneath that field for entering keywords, it would drop down with related terms and give me the option to 'add all keywords in this list'. However, as I'm trying to make a campaign now, as I enter keywords, it gives me no such drop down. Is that feature gone or am I experiencing something browser related? I tried firefox and safari, I'll have to try another.

Do you guys get the drop down? It made it so much easier to choose related search terms...

Thanks for any suggestions!

·
Registered
8,167 Posts
At the top left of the Add Keywords screen, in fact right below the words Add Keywords, there should be three options:  Suggested, Enter List, and Upload.  The default is Suggested, and that's the screen that has "suggested" key words (duh).  For these keywords, you can "add" any of them that you like.

If you want to enter your own keywords, click on Enter List, and then type your words.  (Note:  if you do this, be sure to uncheck some of the Match Type options.  I usually stick with only Broad, and uncheck Phrase and Exact.)

I hope this helps.  I can't recall what the Keyword page used to look like, so I'm trying to go by your description.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jena H said:
At the top left of the Add Keywords screen, in fact right below the words Add Keywords, there should be three options: Suggested, Enter List, and Upload. The default is Suggested, and that's the screen that has "suggested" key words (duh). For these keywords, you can "add" any of them that you like.

If you want to enter your own keywords, click on Enter List, and then type your words. (Note: if you do this, be sure to uncheck some of the Match Type options. I usually stick with only Broad, and uncheck Phrase and Exact.)

I hope this helps. I can't recall what the Keyword page used to look like, so I'm trying to go by your description.
Hey thanks for the response Jena!

So I see the different tabs. But when I'm in the Enter list tab, I recall I used to be able to start typing in that field and a drop down would appear with related keywords to what I'm typing, similar to typing something into google and it gives suggestions as you type. But now when I type in that field, I don't get that drop down. I hope that makes sense. I was wondering if others are still seeing it in their own campaign creation or if there's something wrong on my end why that's not appearing.

·
Registered
8,167 Posts
Mossy said:
Hey thanks for the response Jena!

So I see the different tabs. But when I'm in the Enter list tab, I recall I used to be able to start typing in that field and a drop down would appear with related keywords to what I'm typing, similar to typing something into google and it gives suggestions as you type. But now when I type in that field, I don't get that drop down. I hope that makes sense. I was wondering if others are still seeing it in their own campaign creation or if there's something wrong on my end why that's not appearing.
When I type in keywords, a box pops up below the Entry box. It's not an actual drop-down box, like with a drop-down arrow, but it is a box that appears down under the Entry box. Is that what you mean?? I still see that "suggestion box," not sure why it wouldn't appear for you. I doubt it's something that would be affected by an ad-blocker, but then who knows?? Sorry I can't help resolve the issue.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Mossy said:
I recall I used to be able to start typing in that field and a drop down would appear with related keywords to what I'm typing, similar to typing something into google and it gives suggestions as you type.
Is it possible you are remembering functionality from the Google AdWords keyword tool? It does exactly what you describe.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I believe you're referring to the auto-populating keywords that appear as you type. I have noticed that these have disappeared as well. I don't think that's the case in all of the dashboards, tho. I'd have to run an experiment to see which ones do and which ones don't because I use a lot of them and have both acct types: Advantage and KDP.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Jena H said:
If you want to enter your own keywords, click on Enter List, and then type your words. (Note: if you do this, be sure to uncheck some of the Match Type options. I usually stick with only Broad, and uncheck Phrase and Exact.)
To begin with it is best to keep all three checked as the performance of keywords may differ quite a lot by match type. As the campaign matures, one can tune the keywords by pausing those match types that don't perform.

Amazon recommends this in their AMS courses.

FWIW I make up a list of keywords in an Excel sheet and just copy and paste it in. To enter manually would be very tedious.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts