Kindle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running AMS ads on Book 1 of my series just now. What baffles me is that the CTR on Amazon US is about 1 in 500, while on Amazon UK it's only about 1 in 3,500. Why would there be such a staggering difference? I'm using the same keywords on both campaigns, the only difference is the default bid is set at 37p on the UK site and 41c on the US site, although I don't believe that could account for such a large difference.

Has anyone else experienced such a large disparity?

Another point is that I've encountered a lot of negative comment on the effectiveness of AMS, even from people who are selling quite a lot of books (they use Facebook ads). My experience has consistently been fairly decent conversion rates (say 9-12%) but generally lousy CTR. It's a scaling issue. Has anyone managed to get good results with AMS?

·
Registered
792 Posts
I would expect different results on different market places. I could list some guesses, as could you, but is that really important?

Cut what doesn't work and replace it with something else until you find a winner to add to your best performing keywords.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts