Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, anyone else getting "no data available" on AMS dashboard? It's been glitching in and out for me for the past hour...

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Yeah, just happened to me. If you have portfolios set up for your ads, you can still see them if you click on one of those. (I've run into this a few times over the last couple months.)

·
Registered
612 Posts
Yep, that was happening to me too.  I think depending on genre that there are some really high bids out there that are taking up a lot of space.  I was getting "no data" until I pumped up my bid to just below what I'd make on a book, and even after that I haven't been getting much traction at all.  My guess is that there are people in my genre that are bidding much higher than I can make work, whether they're doing it at a loss or if their books are priced higher than mine.

My plan is to come back after the new year and put my head to it again.  I did get ahold of amazon when I was getting no data available, and they said that I was being outbid.  So, it could be that you've got a glitch, but I'm getting the idea that it's just super competitive right now and maybe people have bid up against each other.  You can contact them though.  I think the link was through searching "contact" on the support center page.

·
Registered
457 Posts
My experience (i have been using AMS ads for almost 2years) is that they are becoming more expensive and less useful/effective at the same time.

Also, the linking of sales/page reads back to a specific key word or campaign does not appear to be very accurate.

Mark

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Someone bidding $5/click on Science Fiction is going to spam all the sub-categories too, even if their book is irrelevant to most.

Some people really do have huge amounts of $$ to throw at ads to make their book(s) a success.  I have no other explanation for why the same cover might show up in every single carousel on every product I look at.

If someone decides to spend $100k to make themselves a bestseller, it's probably best not to fight them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts