Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, so I have been trying to set up an AMS account for Australia, and it appears that you need to either have a Seller Central account or a Vendor account. Anyone figured out how authors can advertise with AMS in Australia?

·
Registered
716 Posts
Have you tried following the direct link from your KDP dashboard? Australia is at the bottom of the list and will be connected to your KDP acct.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I tried Australia for a month and have since cancelled. My impressions were 3 on the same ad that garnered up to one thousand per day in other countries. Something's wrong there. Hopefully they can fix in the future.

·
Registered
13,302 Posts
alhawke said:
I tried Australia for a month and have since cancelled. My impressions were 3 on the same ad that garnered up to one thousand per day in other countries. Something's wrong there. Hopefully they can fix in the future.
There is nothing "wrong".

Just that Australia's population is less than a tenth of the US, the Amazon store is anaemic and the % of people shopping there for ebooks even less. So you got less than a tenth of the audience with very poor market penetration resulting in not many places to put your ads.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I thought it might be the ad or something. Maybe I'll restart it again there in the future.

I started the ad hoping that, because the market is smaller in Australia, it might be less competitive than US AMS. But, so far, I've only succeeded a little outside the US with the UK AMS market.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Patty Jansen said:
There is nothing "wrong".

Just that Australia's population is less than a tenth of the US, the Amazon store is anaemic and the % of people shopping there for ebooks even less. So you got less than a tenth of the audience with very poor market penetration resulting in not many places to put your ads.
What Patty said.

·
Registered
Writing the next books in my Martin Billings series.
340 Posts
The advertising set up for Oz is quite different than for .com or uk. It seems really hard to market books with it... it doesn't seem to be set up for books. Amazon hasn't been able to provide much help in targeting other to say, "well, you can't really do that."

So, eh. It isn't just market size, although that is CERTAINLY a factor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts