Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Amazon set out an email.

Now KDP authors can reach readers in the U.K. and Germany using Sponsored Products from Amazon Advertising. It's an exciting step in helping authors increase visibility on Amazon internationally.

Get more eyes on your books today. Select the title you wish to promote from your KDP Bookshelf. Then, select the marketplace you want to reach and sign in using your KDP account.

Start promoting your books across the pond and beyond.

·
Premium Member
4,969 Posts
I'm confused. I've been using AMS in the UK for over a year. Is this because I am in the UK? Is it new for U.S?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Evenstar said:
I'm confused. I've been using AMS in the UK for over a year. Is this because I am in the UK? Is it new for U.S?
It's new for the U.S. I think there was a work-around at one point, but Amazon threw up a roadblock to that. (My recollection is that when I called about it they basically told me to be patient.)

·
Registered
716 Posts
Evenstar said:
Maybe you have an Advantage account? That's how I've had access for the last year as well.

·
Registered
420 Posts
When I attempt to login to Amazon UK in order to create my ad account, it says:

You will need permission to access this page. Please contact your account administrator for permission. This is usually the person who first registered the account.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
jackconnerbooks said:

You will need permission to access this page. Please contact your account administrator for permission. This is usually the person who first registered the account.
Did you try accessing the account via a specific book? That seems to work better.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
jackconnerbooks said:

I got this when I followed the link in the KDP announcement and the help which is the direct link to the site. I had better luck going to my bookshelf and hitting the promote option and choosing the marketplace. I think it's because you need to set up your payment info first. Anyway, once I set the payment info, I can visit the site directly.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Thanks for the help! I did it the other way and it worked. Only now there's a new hiccup. When I go to create an ad, it can't find any products! Not just my books, or any books, but anything at all. It won't find a product for me to select.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Can't get past setting up to pay by card in the UK, even with a
UK card, which is the same as I use to pay. com in the US for AMS.

Keeps saying there is a problem with payment setting, but not what the problem is.

Anyone else stuck on this?

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
I'm bummed by this change. It was a PITA to set up a UK AMS account before the change, but that also meant fewer people did it. My average bid was much lower in the UK. I'm hoping that doesn't change. FB is still less competitive in the UK after all.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Like Decon and others, I've got stuck when they asked me to update my payment details. Why they want this is a mystery. I live in France and have  British and French accounts but they wouldn't accept either.

I'm wondering if it's because they require a VAT number which I haven't got.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts