Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was wondering - in your experience, do AMS reports reliably "catch" all the sales triggered by an ad, of the product being advertised? I know that if customers buy a different product (like Book 2 in the series), this is not reported. But are all sales of the product being advertised indeed reported in the AMS stats?

·
Registered
143 Posts
EmparentingMom said:
Hi, I was wondering - in your experience, do AMS reports reliably "catch" all the sales triggered by an ad, of the product being advertised? I know that if customers buy a different product (like Book 2 in the series), this is not reported. But are all sales of the product being advertised indeed reported in the AMS stats?
not in my case, they tend to undercount the sales that result from advertising, which surprised me

i started advertising an older book that hadn't sold in 90 days, thus, you may safely assume organic sales were dead

but AMS stats are only taking credit on the backend for about half those sales

i would not know the ad was as profitable as it is if i wasn't watching the sales page separately from the AMS stats

·
Registered
440 Posts
My AMS stats looks bad but, it is only picking up 25% of my sales. I can only guess where those sales are coming from. Same for page reads.

Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts