Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's on the news.  No real stories on the net with any details, but the headlines are up.  Sad.

If you go to cnn.com, you'll see the headline, but it isn't "clickable" yet.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Glenn Bullion said:
It's on the news. No real stories on the net with any details, but the headlines are up. Sad.

If you go to cnn.com, you'll see the headline, but it isn't "clickable" yet.
While certainly no surprise, it is sad. One of the most self-destructive people in recent popular culture. It's too bad she couldn't find the peace she was looking for in this life.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Sad indeed.

Being successful at your art apparently does not automatically bring happiness in life.

·
Registered
598 Posts
How many albums did she release?  One?  She burned out way too fast.  She was talented, it's a shame that she became more famous for her tragic lifestyle than for her music.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
PatrickWalts said:
How many albums did she release? One? She burned out way too fast. She was talented, it's a shame that she became more famous for her tragic lifestyle than for her music.
. Two. And the third one is probably close enough to still be released.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Such talent, just couldn't overcome the issues in her life.

·
Registered
5,509 Posts
That is very sad news. She was very talented, and I view her music as a gift to the world. May she rest in peace.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I am reading posts about "the 27 club." Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Kurt Cobain, Jim Morrison. Heath Ledger was 28 when he died. So very, very sad when these talented young people destroy themselves with drugs and alcohol.

L

·
Registered
492 Posts
I think all this "27 club" isn't nice at all. I don't know, i just find it wrong that there is this club for famous people who died at 27. Or maybe i'm been more sensitive about it because i'm 27.

I feel sorry for Amy's family, apparantly her father doesn't know yet because he's on a plane to New York.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts