Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
67,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In this month's (June 2009) issue of The Atlantic.  On page 89. . . . . .smart, Mr. Bezos!

The layout is 3 columns and it's in the section about books.  It's the right hand column on a page with an article about Flannery O'Connor.  The copy says "In the time it takes you to read this review, you can wirelessly download an entire book."  Then a picture and the amazon/kindle URL.

·
Registered
626 Posts
..............and in today's (5/15) Wall Street Journal. First section, approximately 20% of the page, same wording and illustration..

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I saw this ad last night while looking through my new Real Simple magazine, which also has a huge article on new summer books this issue and a little plug on eBook readers (with a plug for the Kindle of course) so I am sure it was a caculated placement by Amazon. It is a good article by the way, I added several books to my wish list!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Saw an indirect ad for Kindle on the #7 train in Manhattan on Wednesday.  It was actually an ad for MEdge covers, which naturally mentioned Kindle, so there was photos of both the MEdge covers and Kindle 2.  It made me smile.  I did not have my Kindle 2 on the subway, only because I was headed out to Citifield for the game and did not want to risk bringing Shea with me  :)

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Those are some very expensive ads: Guess Mr. Bezos is doing quite well.
Folders please.
Auto page turns in selectable increments (without adjusting font size) please.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
JCBeam said:
Saw an indirect ad for Kindle on the #7 train in Manhattan on Wednesday. It was actually an ad for MEdge covers, which naturally mentioned Kindle, so there was photos of both the MEdge covers and Kindle 2. It made me smile. I did not have my Kindle 2 on the subway, only because I was headed out to Citifield for the game and did not want to risk bringing Shea with me :)
I saw the same ad on the Number 1 train.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Anne said:
I saw the same ad on the Number 1 train.
I saw that ad on the Shuttle between Grand Central and Times Square a few weeks back...haven't seen it since (although the ads on that train get changed pretty frequently).

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Wunderkind said:
I saw that ad on the Shuttle between Grand Central and Times Square a few weeks back...haven't seen it since (although the ads on that train get changed pretty frequently).
I walk pass the shuttle at Times Square Mon to Fri coming from the N train walking to the number 1. Maybe we have been in the same area at the same time and did not know it. ;D

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
USA Today yesterday had a big kindle ad at the top of the page where they listed the top books of the week.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I saw the one in People and it made me smile :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Anne said:
I walk pass the shuttle at Times Square Mon to Fri coming from the N train walking to the number 1. Maybe we have been in the same area at the same time and did not know it. ;D
Very possible! And to think...I have not seen another Kindle in person and a Kindle owner might have been right in front of me!

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
The M-Edge subway ad is still here - I saw it last night running the length of the car on the A train. I hope it gets people's curiosity up!

(Actually, I have an M-Edge cover. Perhaps I should sit under the ad reading my Kindle and see if anyone makes the connection.)

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Wunderkind said:
Very possible! And to think...I have not seen another Kindle in person and a Kindle owner might have been right in front of me!
We could have walk right pass each other ;D I seen a couple of men reading Kindles lately. One was waiting for the number 1 and the other was in Penn Station. I ask both of them if they love their kindle. And told them about the kindle boards. One of them knew about the kindle boards. ;D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts