Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
26,676 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
So should we go ahead now and start clicking "I'd like to read this on  Kindle?"  Or is the last one already available there, and DG is all on board with the whole ebook thing, so we don't have to worry about it?

·
Registered
455 Posts
I sent her an email, asking, and got the response along those lines. Since they already do Kindle, then this one probably will, too. After all, they like as many people to buy the books as possible. What a concept! Which JK Rowling would discover it!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Isn't that the truth, Scrappy?  lol, it's like her publisher has taken a marketing class or something.

·
Registered
501 Posts
ScrappingForever said:
I sent her an email, asking, and got the response along those lines. Since they already do Kindle, then this one probably will, too. After all, they like as many people to buy the books as possible. What a concept! Which JK Rowling would discover it!
The absence of the Harry Potter series, and the Lord of the Rings trilogy in Kindle books are personal frustrations for me. Anyone hear whether either of these are "in the works" for the Kindle?

My fingers are getting raw from clicking the "I'd like to read this book on Kindle" button, for many of my favorites that aren't available yet in Kindle form!!!

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
r0b0d0c said:
The absence of the Harry Potter series, and the Lord of the Rings trilogy in Kindle books are personal frustrations for me. Anyone hear whether either of these are "in the works" for the Kindle?
JKR and the Tolkien Estate are dead set against e-books. You're not alone in your frustration. Many of us here are HP and LOTR fans.

My fingers are getting raw from clicking the "I'd like to read this book on Kindle" button, for many of my favorites that aren't available yet in Kindle form!!!
Keep clicking. I figure eventually we'll wear them down. Maybe not in my lifetime, but I'm doing it for my grandkids.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The Tolkien estate came through for us. They finally released LOTR and The Hobbit for Kindle.
What can we do about Harry Potter. Of all the books I want to read on the Kindle, this series
is at the top of my list. How can we get her to change her mind?  Why in the world won't JK Rowling
make them available. I barely see any threads anywhere about this. I think this is a big deal that
they will not give permission of the Kindle.  She really has a blind spot about the Kindle as far as I
am concerned. I think she is dead wrong in her decision. What do other's think?  I NEED to read these
books and I don't want to read them in hardcover form. They are too heavy. Too cumbersome. And I
am way too addicted to reading on my Kindle now.  How about you?

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
everyman said:
The Tolkien estate came through for us. They finally released LOTR and The Hobbit for Kindle.
What can we do about Harry Potter. Of all the books I want to read on the Kindle, this series
is at the top of my list. How can we get her to change her mind? Why in the world won't JK Rowling
make them available. I barely see any threads anywhere about this. I think this is a big deal that
they will not give permission of the Kindle. She really has a blind spot about the Kindle as far as I
am concerned. I think she is dead wrong in her decision. What do other's think? I NEED to read these
books and I don't want to read them in hardcover form. They are too heavy. Too cumbersome. And I
am way too addicted to reading on my Kindle now. How about you?
You'll find posts about this issue all over the boards. We're all frustrated. At this point, all we can do is keep on clicking on Amazon and hope her publishers get the message that they need to pressure her.

As for her reasons, she keeps coming up with new ones, none of which make sense. I guess if she had her way, the books would be copied onto scrolls by cloistered monks and preserved under glass.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
We do have some posts throughout the Boards discussing the JK Rowling issue.  Many of our members would also love to read or reread this series.  I think if you type JK Rowling in the search feature you'll find quite a bit about it. 
Let us know if you need help finding them.

deb

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
robin.goodfellow said:
So should we go ahead now and start clicking "I'd like to read this on Kindle?" Or is the last one already available there, and DG is all on board with the whole ebook thing, so we don't have to worry about it?
might as well

·
Registered
446 Posts
Oh you know what I love that when she released Beetle Bard or whatever it is, she gave away like 5 hand written copies (or something) and it was never meant for public consumption and she even had a hissy fit over people reading it out loud for groups, yet I believe I just saw copies of it in stores.  I think she pulls all this cr*p just to build the hype cause you know once she finally caves and puts it on Kindle there will be a stampede to her books.  It's all baloney to me.

I do, however, love love love Diana Gabaldon cause she doesn't play games like JK Rowling and Stephanie Meyers do.  She just wants people to be able to read her stuff.  Isn't that the point?

Rachel

·
Registered
80 Posts
everyman said:
is at the top of my list. How can we get her to change her mind? Why in the world won't JK Rowling
they will not give permission of the Kindle. She really has a blind spot about the Kindle as far as I
am concerned. I think she is dead wrong in her decision. What do other's think? I NEED to read these
am way too addicted to reading on my Kindle now. How about you?
She is stupid for now. It is only more money for her. I have a US & UK version of them and HATE carrying the heavy books. I would purchase them again for the kindle. I still have to reread book 7. I have not been able to reread it since it was released. I wish she would allow the release on kindle version.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Athenagwis said:
Oh you know what I love that when she released Beetle Bard or whatever it is, she gave away like 5 hand written copies (or something) and it was never meant for public consumption and she even had a hissy fit over people reading it out loud for groups, yet I believe I just saw copies of it in stores. I think she pulls all this cr*p just to build the hype cause you know once she finally caves and puts it on Kindle there will be a stampede to her books. It's all baloney to me.

I do, however, love love love Diana Gabaldon cause she doesn't play games like JK Rowling and Stephanie Meyers do. She just wants people to be able to read her stuff. Isn't that the point?

Rachel
But, I recently bought Outlander and the TTS is disabled. Is she changing her mind? Honestly if I can listen to a book on my commute and then read it at other times, I go thru the books much faster. I have put Outlander aside due to the fact that there's no TTS.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Luckily, I purchased all the Outlander Series back in Early March when the Test to Speech was enabled on everything!  I read that it is Random House (Diana's publisher) not Diana, that won't allow the text to speech.  It is amazing to me the power that the publishers have over the author's work, especially highly powerful authors, like Diana Gabaldon. 

1 - 20 of 49 Posts