Registered
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bosslady said:
A Tuesday, hmmm. I'll probably have to work... I wonder what time of day new releases on Kindle are made available?? Has anyone ever signed up for a pre-ordered kindle versoin of anything?
I got my pre-order for the latest JD Robb book overnight sometime. It was waiting for me when I got up this morning.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Generally on a popular book (such as Echo will be) do the kindle versions get released on the same day as the release date of the hardcover version?

I really want to get the book when it is released... but I want the kindle version not the hardcover.  Wondering if anyone had an experience with this?  For example, for all you twighlight fans... when book 4 came out in hardcover, did it come out on the same day on the kindle?

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually, I think the 4th book for Twilight came out several days late. It was originally slated to be released at the same time, but at the last minute, the publishers changed it. People were beyond p*ssed! (My daughter included)

I really don't know what they plan on doing with this one. I do know it's one I'll be buying in hardback anyway.

·
Registered
175 Posts
9/22...This gives me a few months to read the rest of her books. Right now I'm on Voyager and this series has hooked me entirely. After I finish one of her books, I tell myself I'm going to read something else just for a little break but I haven't yet. Can't wait for the release. I might have to buy the paper book, I live in Arizona and I'm sure there will be a book signing. I would love to have an autographed copy of Outlander (and meet her of course!!).

·
Registered
106 Posts
Lizzarddance said:
9/22...This gives me a few months to read the rest of her books. Right now I'm on Voyager and this series has hooked me entirely. After I finish one of her books, I tell myself I'm going to read something else just for a little break but I haven't yet. Can't wait for the release. I might have to buy the paper book, I live in Arizona and I'm sure there will be a book signing. I would love to have an autographed copy of Outlander (and meet her of course!!).
I feel the same way. How lucky are we that we started reading at this time when the 7th book is coming out!

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
zeferjen said:
I feel the same way. How lucky are we that we started reading at this time when the 7th book is coming out!
Jealous, jealous, jealous. On the other hand, I've know Jamie and Claire for 17 years. Originally, there was only supposed to be five books, and now it looks like eight.

I'm waiting impatiently for the series on Raymond. She promised that a very long time ago. I hope she still plans on writing it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
No kidding, the only bad thing about a great series is waiting for the next book. I hope to finish Voyager this weekend so that I can get started on the next one. Does anyone know if the new book will be an end to the series?
I think I read somewhere that she was planning on ending the series in the 1800's and Voyager seems to be moving on to the New World.
I'm hoping this isn't the last book, although all good things must come to an end eventually. :(

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Lizzarddance said:
No kidding, the only bad thing about a great series is waiting for the next book. I hope to finish Voyager this weekend so that I can get started on the next one. Does anyone know if the new book will be an end to the series?
I think I read somewhere that she was planning on ending the series in the 1800's and Voyager seems to be moving on to the New World.
I'm hoping this isn't the last book, although all good things must come to an end eventually. :(
There will be one more after Echo. Yes, it will come to an end eventually, but it does take DG about four years to write one of these blockbusters. We've got a way to go, yet.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just finished the last book in her series last night.  It took me forever to read through all her books.  You guys got me hooked when you started the book club and i never looked back.  lol  At least i know there is more coming.  I thought what now after i closed the last book. :)

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
tlshaw "Padded Cell 511" said:
Welcome to the official Jamie and Claire fanatic fan club! ;D

Now you just need to order Claire's ring (I have one and love it). I also have a coffe mug with dragonflies on it! ::)
I got my ring and it's too small. :'( I wear a 4.5 and I ordered a 5. It's beautiful, though. I'll get around to having it resized soon.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I'm beginning to think again of getting this series in dead tree version as well as the Kindle version. There was a discussion at 2 Kindle groups about Licencing agreements - about having to re-buy books after you download it to 6 Kindles/ Ipods. If I have to re-buy books, only those special ones, like this series, then I may as well buy the dead tree version as well & have something permanent. Right?

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Toby said:
I'm beginning to think again of getting this series in dead tree version as well as the Kindle version. There was a discussion at 2 Kindle groups about Licencing agreements - about having to re-buy books after you download it to 6 Kindles/ Ipods. If I have to re-buy books, only those special ones, like this series, then I may as well buy the dead tree version as well & have something permanent. Right?
I have all the others in hardcover. Since I don't want a gap in my Outlander shelf (heaven forbid), I'll be getting this one in hardcover, too.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I was looking at this in the store and it doesn't have a pre-order edition for Kindle, but it has the "I want this on kindle" link. I've only just finished the first book, but I'm hooked and I'm sure I will be ready for this on by then. I read "Outlander" in less than three days.

Here's the link to the hardcover pre-order:

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.