Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this on my blog today, but I thought you guys would be interested.

Amazon have been moving very slow in Europe - the Kindle has only been officially launched in UK and Germany, and they apply a $2 Whispernet surcharge in most of the rest of Europe. On every e-book. If you want a Kindle, you have to order it from the US, and you get hit with extra charges, and left with a useless US plug.

Now a Spanish company - Telefonica - the world's 5th telecoms company, with more subscribers than AT&T and Verizon combined, is launching their own e-reader and e-bookstore. Expect the Kindle to launch in Spain (and the rest of Latin America) shortly. ¡Ay Caramba!

Read all the details here:

http://davidgaughran.wordpress.com/2011/06/08/an-international-challenge-to-amazon-from-spain/

·
Registered
876 Posts
Good to hear! Yes, even here in the UK it annoys me how much more expensive the Kindle is, and I don't think I can order it from the US site. So annoying.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And of course, Telefonica own O2 - one of the biggest mobile companies in the UK (and Germany, and Ireland).

I would expect this e-reader to make an appearance there too at some point.

·
Registered
876 Posts
dgaughran said:
And of course, Telefonica own O2 - one of the biggest mobile companies in the UK (and Germany, and Ireland).

I would expect this e-reader to make an appearance there too at some point.
Yup! :) It'll be interesting to see developments.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts