Kindle Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
161 - 169 of 169 Posts
G

·
I think I proposed that they rank strip to stop the rank from spiking. And I don't think they DO like it. Hence my comments. Anyway, it's Friday night here, and I'm a social animal so have to go out and enjoy myself. Have a Great Thanksgiving weekend for those of you who enjoy that feast. :D

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
TobiasRoote said:
I think I proposed that they rank strip to stop the rank from spiking. And I don't think they DO like it. Hence my comments. Anyway, it's Friday night here, and I'm a social animal so have to go out and enjoy myself. Have a Great Thanksgiving weekend for those of you who enjoy that feast. :D
If that's what you think, why would you advertise on BookBub? That seems an odd contradiction. Not that I think much of the theory that Amazon doesn't want people to advertise their books in ways that drive people to the Amazon storefront.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Lynna said:
A person could have a hypothesis for why something is happening and still think it's worth the risk for the benefit to the individual despite the rank stripping.
As David Gaughran documented above, the poster has gone on the record as being hostile toward "rank spiking" (aka "advertising"), and thinks that the only kind of sales growth the matters is the organic kind, whatever that means. That he then is running paid advertising on the biggest, best-known advertising platform of all seems logically inconsistent, if not downright hypocritical.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
A.G.B said:
Universal basic income, shorter working weeks and more job shares help to solve that.

We need to start focusing on social time rather than working constantly all our lives. We should be embracing it, not smashing the machines. :D
I agree with you, but what alarms me is that the machines-removing-jobs piece is moving forward. The other pieces aren't, at least in the US. It's a lot easier for people to adopt technology than it is to adopt technology and change their whole economic philosophy to accommodate that change.

·
Registered
13,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
I have just asked the moderators to kill this thread, because the discussion here has gotten ridiculous.

What flippin right does anyone have to suggest that because it happened to me (and I got my rank back, thanks) I must have done something nefarious because... I dunno?

Just take a hike.

I'm signing off.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Bill Hiatt said:
I agree with you, but what alarms me is that the machines-removing-jobs piece is moving forward. The other pieces aren't, at least in the US. It's a lot easier for people to adopt technology than it is to adopt technology and change their whole economic philosophy to accommodate that change.
Totally agree, my comment was more aimed at the world than you! ;D

G

·
MonkeyScribe said:
As David Gaughran documented above, the poster has gone on the record as being hostile toward "rank spiking" (aka "advertising"), and thinks that the only kind of sales growth the matters is the organic kind, whatever that means. That he then is running paid advertising on the biggest, best-known advertising platform of all seems logically inconsistent, if not downright hypocritical.
Ditto ^

And its coming from a poster who has stated numerous times he's just here to use info/data that will benefit him with no intention to share, help, or pay it forward. Good use for the ignore button right there.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Licking, errr, locking this thread while we review and discuss Patty's request. The thread does seem to have derailed for now. Check back later--lots of other threads.

Betsy

Edited to correct typo

161 - 169 of 169 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.