Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Suzanne said:
I have finally found her name. ABIGAIL! From the Hebrew, it means Gives joy. She certainly does that for me!
Hello Abigail!! See Suzanne, I knew a name would come to you!! Kwinn and I are excited for you and Abigail and the many joyful journeys she will share together!

·
Registered
829 Posts
Suzanne said:
I have finally found her name. ABIGAIL! From the Hebrew, it means Gives joy. She certainly does that for me!
Hello Abigail! I love your new name!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Abigail is also the name of one of the King Diamond albums that I loved in my teens, so I think of that anytime I hear the name. Makes it one of the better names that I've seen.

Still haven't found the name for my own Kindle though...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hi to Abigail...  It took a while for me to name mine.  It will come to you when you least expect it.  I named mine Virginia.  My grandmother, who passed away a year and a half ago was the most avid reader I know.  She would read anything.  So, I named my Kindle after her and now I have her wherever I go.

I

·
0 Posts
I am a terrible namer usually.  I named my second cat Sequel:Cat2, then my really big fat dog is Big Boy.  I found a puppy last December and named her Little Girl.  My cat has long hair so she is Fuzzy.  The other cat used to mess with my hands while I was on line.  She became TYPO (all caps)

Good thing I wasn't born 200 years ago as a Native American.  I'd have kids named stuff like "Made me Puke", "Oh no not again", and my special little guy "Dropped at birth".

I'm not sure if I'll name my Kindle.  I never named my car, toaster or stove.  I don't want them getting mad at me.

I

·
0 Posts
Not exactlly, I said if I named it, it would be Fang.  I don't really like that name either.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Vampyre said:
Not exactlly, I said if I named it, it would be Fang. I don't really like that name either.
How about White Fang? Remember Black Tooth and White Fang and Pinky whatever-his-name-was? Loved that show.

I

·
0 Posts
gertiekindle said:
How about White Fang? Remember Black Tooth and White Fang and Pinky whatever-his-name-was? Loved that show.
Wasn't White Fang written by Jack London? The only Pinky I can think of was the side kick of the Brain in Pinky and the Brain

OK, I looked it up. It was the Soupy Sales Show. He had White Fang, Black Tooth, Pookie the Lion and Hippi the Hippo. I never saw this show but I am old enough to have seen it in it's latter years.

I do remember Tooter(Tuter) Turtle and Mr. Wizard, the lizard.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Vampyre said:
Wasn't White Fang written by Jack London? The only Pinky I can think of was the side kick of the Brain in Pinky and the Brain

OK, I looked it up. It was the Soupy Sales Show. He had White Fang, Black Tooth, Pookie the Lion and Hippi the Hippo. I never saw this show but I am old enough to have seen it in it's latter years.

I do remember Tooter(Tuter) Turtle and Mr. Wizard, the lizard.
That's it!!! I was probably thinking of Pookie when I said Pinky.

I

·
0 Posts
I used the wiki and I don't even have a Kindle yet.  :)  Oh, and Google to of course.  Did you know Soupy Sales is still alive?  Let's hear it for the Soupster!

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Vampyre said:
I used the wiki and I don't even have a Kindle yet. :) Oh, and Google to of course. Did you know Soupy Sales is still alive? Let's hear it for the Soupster!
So of course I had to go and youtube Soupy Sales. Still funny. I'll have to watch some more later.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
gertiekindle said:
So of course I had to go and youtube Soupy Sales. Still funny. I'll have to watch some more later.
Oh, there's a good idea. I used to love Soupy Sales although my mother did everything she could to try and not let me watch him. Same with the Three Stooges but I clever and persistent. ;)

L

I

·
0 Posts
Oh my, Soupy Sales had a kids show for years and what's not to like about the Stooges? 

Bad Bad mommy!  :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts