Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here. I received my Kindle as a gift in July (I think it was July) from my fiance. I didn't even know about the Kindle! I did have a Compaq iPaq a few years ago, with which I read many e-books.

I am having fun with my Kindle, although I don't seem to find enough time to read.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Welcome, Lotus! Great to have you here. What a great present from your fiance. Does he have one too?

L

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Hi Lotus,
Welcome to the klub! I seem to let things go that need to be done to read...not sure that is a wise decision. Cleaning, cooking, hygiene ( no just kidding on that one  ;D)

Linda

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
Hi Lotus,
Welcome to the klub! I seem to let things go that need to be done to read...not sure that is a wise decision. Cleaning, cooking, hygiene ( no just kidding on that one ;D)

Linda
You know it's serious when you cut your hair so you don't have to spend as much time styling it in the morning...and can use those extra 30 minutes for Kindling!

L

·
Registered
195 Posts
Lotus said:
I am having fun with my Kindle, although I don't seem to find enough time to read.
Oh, I see -- you are supposed to do other stuff like work, clean the house, cook meals, and then whatever time is left over is for reading! I have that backwards!

That would explain the dust bunnies, the peanut butter sandwiches for dinner, and the fact that my employer hasn't deposited a paycheck in my account lately. Maybe I should go down to the office one of these days to see what's up with that? Well, after I finish this book, anyway.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome!

No, my fiance doesn't have a Kindle. He's not much of a reader (well, he'll read anything by Clive Cussler, but nothing by anyone else).  ::)

Yes, unfortunately work, housework and other hobbies seem to suck up way too much of my time. I can barely stay on top of things as they are, let alone find time for Kindling :(

·
Registered
146 Posts
@Leslie - You know, all I've ever done is run a brush through my hair in the morning. My friends are always astonished that I can roll out of bed 10 minutes before class and still get there on time. Then we start discussing morning rituals, and the origin of my remarkable ability becomes clear...
@Lotus - Is Clive Cussler the guy that writes those adventure/archeology/save the world sort of books? The name Dirk also comes to mind...? I have a ton of those sitting around my room, and haven't even managed to read one.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, RovingSoul, Clive Cussler does books on undersea salvage of famous shipwrecks and stuff. Dirk Pitt is the hero in a series of his books. The movie Sahara (With Matthew McConaughey) was from the Dirk Pitt series. The fiance was a Navy SEAL in his youth, and did underwater training, so I guess that's why he likes the books. I confess, I've never read any of his books... I just get told about them. They're just not my kind of book.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yeah, I saw a tone of them really cheap at a garage sale once, and thought they looked like good, fun, fluff books, so I bought the lot of them. And have yet to read them. I should probably give them to my brothers, more their sort of thing.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
RovingSoul said:
@Leslie - You know, all I've ever done is run a brush through my hair in the morning. My friends are always astonished that I can roll out of bed 10 minutes before class and still get there on time. Then we start discussing morning rituals, and the origin of my remarkable ability becomes clear...
I have the same type of "hair"...it's a blessing in disguise. When I was away in college, I won the floor award for the best morning hair ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts