Kindle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a working title which will probably change because there are already a few books with the same name, but what do you think of this cover?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Quiss said:
I like the abstraction of the photo but it tells me nothing about the genre.
I agree. The obscurity doesn't help. I think it's a river with a bank and trees on either side, but that's a guess. And even that image alone, if it were clear, wouldn't tell me much.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Mysterious, but leaves you wanting more.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I hate to say it, but I agree with the others. This cover is too vague to provoke interest. It says nothing about the genre or what the book is about.

It's great you've kept it simple and uncluttered. But it's too simple and too empty. I think the image could work with the addition of some other elements. Maybe a silhouette of a person or item in the foreground. Maybe a grunge overlay. More colour is always good, too. Also, the typography is too generic. It's great you didn't go crazy with a bunch of funky fonts. But in this case, you've chosen a font that could work on a dozen different genres. I recommend studying other covers in your genre and choose a similar font for your cover.

Hope that helps!

Rue

·
Registered
688 Posts
Unfortunately, this image is just too vague. Is your book a mystery? A book of poetry? A book about fog?

Remember that you have only seconds to grab a potential buyer's eye. Others may disagree, but I think it's better to err on the side of telegraphing too much, rather than too little.

Just my two cents...

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
I'm afraid I have to agree. The image is too vague. The font is generic and the treatment v DIY, and, imho, the colors are not appealing at all.

:(

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you everyone! I really appreciate the feedback! I can't imagine why it would look DIY? Only kidding, hahaha. It's for a scifi/fantasy. Okay, this one sucks. I'm not ready to give up just yet, so it is back to the drawing board!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts