Kindle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning All!

I was looking at her Dragonriders series but can't tell what order they should be read in. Can anyone help me with this. I know people have posted about her books here before. Thanks for the help.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
63,461 Posts
soapy70 said:
Good Morning All!

I was looking at her Dragonriders series but can't tell what order they should be read in. Can anyone help me with this. I know people have posted about her books here before. Thanks for the help.
You've already got an answer, but if you have another question and can't wait for a fellow Kindleboarder to answer, a good site for looking up series order is
http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/

If you are like me and have trouble remembering this, it is listed in the Book Lover Links pinned to the top of the Book Corner!

Betsy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
also, do you know if the one that has both dragonflight/quest in one is the same as if you bought them both separately? The total page numbers says 352 for both the double and the singles. Weird. ???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,791 Posts
Yes, they are both in that one, so you get two for the price of one! ;D (Even though the image only reads as if it has the first one. I bought it, and read them (for about the millionth time LOL) and it has both.)

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
I actually have the 3-in-1 book on my Kindle, and yes, it's the same as the print books separately. (contains Dragonflight, Dragonquest, AND White Dragon - book title is The Dragonriders of Pern) I just read it on the Kindle a couple of months ago, and didn't have any problems. Since I've read them MANY times before, I think I'd have noticed something missing! :)

Well now... here's the odd part:
I just looked for the link on Amazon, so I could link it here, and they don't have it available for Kindle any more! I bought it last February for $7.96, according to Amazon's own list of what I have purchased, but now the page for the paperback has the "click here if you want to read it on Kindle" message! How very strange...

Now I'm worried that if I delete the book, I won't get it back...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you. I appreciate your help with this.I like buying two-in-ones if I can, but wanted to make sure it was truly the two books. Guess I will download them.-I haven't read any of her books yet but they sounded interesting. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
366 Posts
Like they said you can get all three in 1 as well.  Try manybooks and a few others before you just buy the 2 in 1.  Also they are making the series into a movie.  Check it out on IMDB.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
463 Posts
wavsite said:
I actually have the 3-in-1 book on my Kindle, and yes, it's the same as the print books separately. (contains Dragonflight, Dragonquest, AND White Dragon - book title is The Dragonriders of Pern) I just read it on the Kindle a couple of months ago, and didn't have any problems. Since I've read them MANY times before, I think I'd have noticed something missing! :)

Well now... here's the odd part:
I just looked for the link on Amazon, so I could link it here, and they don't have it available for Kindle any more! I bought it last February for $7.96, according to Amazon's own list of what I have purchased, but now the page for the paperback has the "click here if you want to read it on Kindle" message!
You can buy the double book DragonFlight/Quest for $1.25 and then White Dragon for $2.22.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,791 Posts
Yes, all but the Harper Hall Trilogy and The Girl Who Heard Dragons are on Kindle (I just recently got them all on Kindle and re-read them all.)  The most recent, Dragonheart by her son Todd, is still at a high price, though, so I haven't gotten that one. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
That irks me no end that the Harper Hall trilogy isn't Kindleized yet.  Although I'm hopeful since they did a new edition (with HORRIBLE coverart) of the series.  *crosses fingers* 
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,077 Posts
I'm the opposite - I hate to see a really good book "transformed" into a movie. I've never seen a movie that I thought was as good at the book.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,280 Posts
FearNot said:
I'm the opposite - I hate to see a really good book "transformed" into a movie. I've never seen a movie that I thought was as good at the book.
I have two: Gone With the Wind and Brokeback Mountain, although Brokeback is very different from the short story. Some have said that the screenplay for that is the original fanfiction, and I tend to agree.

Although I have been disappointed in dozens of movies from books, my biggest disappointment has to be the Harry Potter movies. I stopped watching after no. 2.

L
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
63,461 Posts
Somehow I'm able to separate the movies and books and appreciate them (or dislike them) on their own merits.  Makes me kinda weird, I guess, but I always think it's comparing apples and oranges.

Betsy
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top