Kindle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I would like to announce my first epublished novel, Genesis Earth. It is a coming of age story with spaceships, wormholes, first contact, and a touch of romance. From the book description:

=============================

Michael Anderson is a teenage planetologist haunted by the fear that he will never live up to the legacy of his astrophysicist parents. Terra Beck is the outcast child of a bitter divorce, who only wants to run away and immerse herself in her one true passion: astronomy. Raised on a distant space station by the scientists who constructed mankind's first artificial wormhole, neither has set foot on Earth.

When the scientists detect a mysterious signal from an Earthlike planet on the other side of the wormhole, Michael and Terra find themselves alone on an exploration mission to discover the signal's source. They no sooner arrive at the system, however, than a mysterious alien ghost ship appears out of nowhere and begins to hunt them down. Alone, twenty light years from the nearest human being, they must learn to open up and trust each other-but how can they do that when one or both of them may be insane?

As Michael struggles to keep the mission from falling apart, he is forced to reexamine his deepest, most unquestioned beliefs about the universe-and about what it means to be human.

Genesis Earth was a quarter finalist for the 2011 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award, and a short story based on an excerpt from the novel won first place in the 2009 Mayhew Short Story Contest at BYU.

If you are a book blogger and would like to review this book, please PM me with your email and a link to your blog and I'll send you a free copy. You can also follow my writing blog, One Thousand and One Parsecs, or find me on facebook and twitter.

Thanks! I hope you enjoy my book, and I'll see you around!

·
Super Moderator
67,346 Posts
Welcome to KindleBoards, Joe, and congratulations on your book!

(If you've gotten this welcome before, it's just as a matter of housekeeping. We like to put a copy of the "welcome letter" in each book thread. It doesn't mean you've done anything wrong, it just helps us know that you know the rules.)

A brief recap of our rules follows:

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information. You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days. Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link. Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KindleBoards as time allows. This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles! Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post. For information on more ways to promote here on KindleBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
Authors: KindleBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum. Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Oh, and one more thing: be sure to check out the index threads at the top of the Book Bazaar. . . .there are details there about how you can be listed so that our readers can find you.

Thanks for being part of KindleBoards! Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Genesis Earth just got a very positive review on fellow KB member Brent Nichols' blog. Check it out!

From the review:

This is space opera of the highest caliber. There are grand, sweeping ideas, the discovery of a new world, first contact with an alien species, an examination of the nature of humanity, the nature of the human mind. Yet it's always a personal story. No matter how epic the backdrop, you are always reading about engaging, fully-realized characters.

It certainly qualifies as an adventure story, and keeps you wondering what will happen next. Yet it's also much more. Genesis Earth will broaden your mind even as it delights your inner ten-year-old. It has a kick-*ss premise, executed with enviable skill, full of thought-provoking ideas couched in a thoroughly-entertaining story that's just plain fun to read.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts