Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of you know about my fiasco with 3acp. Ordered a skin, it never arrived despite the DC saying it was delivered, contacted them, they couldn't care less and ignored me. Well the same time I ordered that skin I ordered a netbook skin from DecalGirl (PeaceOut). At first I loved it, it went on easily and looked great. Well I picked up my netbook today and the top was FULL of air bubbles. I tried smoothing them out with a credit card, it was useless so I ended up having to take the skin off. It was a huge fiasco. No matter how careful I was the bubbles refused to go away. The skin is back on and looks like crap..it's got bubbles and is scratched from the credit card. I'm so annoyed. I don't think I am meant to have a nice skin. I'm going to try and clean it up and see if it helps. I'll just have to get used to the bubbles I guess. I will give DecalGirl credit though..I had to pull up the skin repeatedly (and not very nicely at the end because I was so frustrated) and it didn't tear or stretch, and it still sticks just fine. Kudos to them for that. I just think there has to be a defect for a skin to suddenly develop air bubbles after being perfect for a week. Oh well. At least I got it back on properly. I can live with the rest. I suppose I will get used to it and stop noticing it soon.

I am almost scared to get my K1 skin from Tego..I hope nothing goes wrong with it!

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
NYCKindleFan said:
I just think there has to be a defect for a skin to suddenly develop air bubbles after being perfect for a week.
Sorry to hear about your woes! I don't recall anyone else mentioning air bubbles after a week, so I'm wondering whether maybe it was exposed to a large temperature fluctuation or something that might have made it expand?

Hope the third time's the charm for you!

·
Registered
921 Posts
Sorry your having so much trouble with your skins.  You may try letting decalgirl know there is a defect with it and they may replace it.  It's worth a try, all they can say is no.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I'm so sorry you're having a bad time with these skins.  I'm sure Heather will pop in here at some point today and respond.  She's skinned just about everything she owns with DG.  I wouldn't be surprised if she hasn't tried to skin her kids or pets.  LOL.  She should have some tips for you.  It does seem odd that it was fine for a week.  Did it set in the sun at any point?  I don't know that that would have any effect.  Just a thought. 
Sending good thoughts your way.
deb

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't understand it either. It wasn't in the sun or in any temp flucuations that I know of. I am very impressed that it didn't tear, stretch or stop sticking though. I cleaned it up and the scratch marks from the credit card I used to try and smooth it out went away so it doesn't look too bad now except for the bubbles. I did send an email to DecalGirl letting them know they might have a defect in their manufacturing process. I didn't ask for a refund or a new skin as I don't know that it wasn't somehow my fault. Really weird. I guess it's just not my week! :D

·
Registered
711 Posts
NYCKindleFan said:
Most of you know about my fiasco with 3acp. Ordered a skin, it never arrived despite the DC saying it was delivered, contacted them, they couldn't care less and ignored me. Well the same time I ordered that skin I ordered a netbook skin from DecalGirl (PeaceOut). At first I loved it, it went on easily and looked great. Well I picked up my netbook today and the top was FULL of air bubbles. I tried smoothing them out with a credit card, it was useless so I ended up having to take the skin off. It was a huge fiasco. No matter how careful I was the bubbles refused to go away. The skin is back on and looks like crap..it's got bubbles and is scratched from the credit card. I'm so annoyed. I don't think I am meant to have a nice skin. I'm going to try and clean it up and see if it helps. I'll just have to get used to the bubbles I guess. I will give DecalGirl credit though..I had to pull up the skin repeatedly (and not very nicely at the end because I was so frustrated) and it didn't tear or stretch, and it still sticks just fine. Kudos to them for that. I just think there has to be a defect for a skin to suddenly develop air bubbles after being perfect for a week. Oh well. At least I got it back on properly. I can live with the rest. I suppose I will get used to it and stop noticing it soon.

I am almost scared to get my K1 skin from Tego..I hope nothing goes wrong with it!
aww, i'm sorry to hear that; I've ordered 2 kindle 2 skins from 3apc (it was for kindle #5 who turned out to be ta vampire (sun fade) so I had to remove it to send it back). I've always received mine.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I wonder if shipping in the heat of the summer does something to the material to make it bubble.  Your package probably sat in a very hot mail truck all day somewhere.

·
Registered
21,587 Posts
I am also sad to hear about your problem.  :'(

I have had good luck with DG. But then none of my skinned devices generate heat. Laptops and netbooks do-at least some.  But I would not expect that to be a problem.

I agree with the others that DG would probably like to hear about your problem and might help.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
kevin63 said:
Sorry your having so much trouble with your skins. You may try letting decalgirl know there is a defect with it and they may replace it. It's worth a try, all they can say is no.
I have also heard that decalgirl is the way to go

> DecalGirl

1 - 10 of 10 Posts