Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking on these boards for quite a while and finally decided to jump in. I appreciate the respect and gentle humor with which you treat each other. I've learned much already.

I live in the Central Coast of California, Atascadero to be precise.

I have a Kindle 2, Minerva, who is currently decked out in a Decal girl skin (Garden at Giverny) and a saddle Tree of Life Oberon cover. So far the cats and dogs have left Minerva alone; my retired racing greyhound, Camden, seems to have outgrown her fondness of leather items but one can never be too sure.

When my sister and I travel, we get a fair amount of attention from flight attendants, teachers, etc. as she has the Sony 505 Reader and I have the Kindle. We have ample opportunity to talk about the pros and cons of each device. It figures we would go with different devices - she is a recently retired police officer and I am a soon to be retired United Methodist clergywoman.  ;D

Cherie

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greeetings and Welcome, Cherie! Wow, love those retired greyhounds. Everyone thinks they are hyper, but mine was the biggest couch potato! It appears you don't need much help with the Accessories, but there is the link. Have you been to The Book Corner? There you will find links for Bargain Books, Free Books and books Recommended by our Members. Hope you continue to enjoy your KIndle and KindleBoards.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Welcome Cherie.  It's great when another family member has a K.  So many books to share, and Kindle stories to share.
deb

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Welcome to the KB!!  8)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I gave my 77 year old father a Kindle for Christmas. And lo, this man who doesn't really like to read all that much - he's a hardcore extrovert who thrives on being with people - is discovering a love for reading! Go figure... And while he initially dismissed my accessorizing - prompted by the accessories board - when he saw my decked out Kindle, he expressed great interest. Think I'll choose a masculine one and put it on for him...

Intinst, I've had 3 greys - only one still living - and am thinking about getting another female later this summer. What a wonderful, wonderful breed!

Thanks for your warm welcomes!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome out of lurkdom, Cherie!  ;)

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Cherie - met you in the OYB Thread, nice to have you here and welcome out of lurkdom!

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hello Cherie and welcome to the boards! It is fun sharing a love for and reading and Kindles with family members. I have a KK, my DD has a K2 and my BFF has a KK and we all share books.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome Cherie to the friendliest bunch of "Kindlers" around... ;D
jp

1 - 14 of 14 Posts